Redemption Period for a Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul_S View Post
    Thanks again for your help. I might be being a bit thick here but am I able to get the domain out of redemption if I am 'not the owner'. The domain is registered to someone who has left our club and not anyone on the Committee.
    If it was registered for your Club then perhaps you should have access to the domain account or the invoice that was sent for that domain. Once you pay for it and renew the domain you could later get the ownership changed.

Sales: 0800 862 0380 || Skype: jenniferkent_uk

Comment

Hello Paul,

The best resolution for you is to contact the Current Registrar for your domain. Ask him the price for renewal of the domain. If the domain is still in the Redemption Period, they can definitely get the domain renewed for you.

As your partner has left the company & the domain is not renewed, it proves that he is not interested in that domain, as the domain belongs to your CLUB. You can provide them the proof as you being the ClUB'S member and they will definitely renew the domain for you.

You may check the WHOIS details for your domain at the below link :

URL : Who.is: Universal Whois Lookup

Check for the Registrar and contact them. Also PM me the name of your Domain and I will try if I can help you to retain the domain.

Good Luck ..!
      Best Regards,

Bryan Oscar
      eUKhost - Web Hosting Solutions...!
      http://www.eUKhost.com
      Email : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
      MSN : bryan [@] eUKhost.com
      Toll Free : || Sales : 0808 262 0255 || Support : 0808 262 0455 || International : +44-1916-454-EUK

"All I know is that a customer I lose is a customer my competitors win ..!"
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

This system makes me so angry.

A disgruntled IT employee of ours changed the email addresses for our main domain before he left and cyber squatted it for two years. The URDP is very expensive and useless.

When it finally dropped, like you we thought we'd just register it again. WRONG. All dropped domains, no matter how worthless or stupid are caught AUTOMATICALLY by speculators. You have absolutely no chance whatsoever of re-registering your domain once it drops.

Ours was hoovered up by ENOM, and they sat on it for two years. As they only deal with resellers, there was no way to get it back. They finally let it drop (because there was no traffic to it), and it was again immediately hoovered up by another speculator. Luckily this time, they didn't sit on it waiting for thousands of dollars like ENOM did. They offered it for $1000, but I just kept saying no and got it down to $50. But we were just lucky that making a small profit and getting rid of the domains quickly was their main business plan.

So don't let your domain drop under any circumstance, unless you have no interest in keeping it. As suggested, back order it. However, that is still little guarantee that you'll get it. So in the meantime still try to get your webhost/registrar to change the domains email entries, and then buy it out of redemption.

The domain name system is super-capitalistic and disgustingly corrupt. Bush was supposed to hand the whole thing over to be managed internationally during his office, but kept refusing because they like having the power (they redirected Libya's tld for instance), and because the ransoming of domains nets the american department of commerce hundreds of millions of imported dollars per year. I'm looking forward to the day when the rest of the world starts their own, fairer dns system and gives USA the finger, leaving them with their own little 'intranet' to play with.

Comment

i saw from moniker that this grace period is no longer in force? true?

Comment

For what I gather, what seems to be happening recently is that the holding registrars are allowing back-ordering and auctioning of the domains during the redemption period. The domain still won't expire for thirty days, but the registrant has less time to reclaim it (Eg. 2 weeks).

If the registrar then gets a good bid for the domain, they are under no obligation to let the registrant reclaim it. However, if they don't get a bidder, then they still have the option of charging the registrant the $200 reclaim fee. It gives them more choice and scope for profit.

So I would suggest that the redemption period agreement is not being honoured as originally instigated by ICANN, yet ENOM, Moniker, GoDaddy, and the other big names are still accredited. This is nothing new. ICANN is just a powerless puppet set-up by the Bush administration, and serves these domain companies more than the registrants it is supposed to protect. As I said before, this whole thing stinks and is disgustingly deft of any morality. But that's what you get when you allow capitalism to spiral out of control; profit at any social cost.

Comment

Working...
            X