Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment via Standing Order and Direct Debit

Hello,

Recently, we have had quite a few requests from customers regarding setting up a Standing Order. People are often confused between the terms Standing Order and Direct Debit.

What is Standing Order?

A standing order is an instruction given by an account holder to their bank to allow fixed rate transfers at regular intervals to another account.

How to set Standing Order?

It's easy to set up a standing order in Online Banking.

Only the account holder can setup a standing order to pay set amounts at regular intervals. To do so, you will need the following information.

Account Name:
    Sort Code:
    Account Number:
    Reference:

How to set Standing Order in Lloyds TSB?

Login into online banking >> Standing orders >> click here to set up a new standing order >> Enter the details and the standing order will be setup.

Details required entering in the form while creating a Standing Order:

Standing Order to: Enter the name of the receiver to whom you are making the payment.

Sort Code: Enter the 6-digit sort code.

Account number: Enter the 8-digit account number.

Reference (if any): Enter such reference which would be useful for you in the future to remember and for your host to locate your account.

For Example: Company Name, Client Name, Client ID, Domain name, Invoice No.

Regular amount: Enter the amount you want to pay at regular intervals.

Date of first payment: Enter the Date on which the first payment should be made.

Frequency: Enter the rate of recurrence in which you want the payment to be made. This will depend on what billing cycle you have chosen. For example: Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annually, Annually.

Expiry Date: Enter the date at which you no longer wish the payment to be made.

Benefits of a Standing Order:

1) Invoices are paid automatically.

2) You instruct your bank to pay the money at the date of your choosing.

3) Order can be canceled from account holder anytime.

4) The individual/company you are paying are not able to take payments from your account.

What is a Direct Debit?

A direct debit is also referred to as direct withdrawal in which the bank account holder instructs their bank to withdraw money directly from their bank account.

What is the advantage of a Direct Debit over a Standing Order?

For most clients there monthly invoice stays the same, but for some this could be a changing amount. A Direct Debit allows the receiver to adjust the rate of the payment. For example, if you ordered a control panel addon, the company could then adjust your direct debit to reflect the added cost.

eUKhost does not currently offer the ability to pay via Direct Debit. This is something we are looking into, but we have so far received very little interest in this from customers. This combined with the cost to have the Direct Debit service means that we have so far decided not to proceed with this.

We will continue to monitor customer interest as well as the costs involved. If customer demand is high enough, this is something we will go ahead with

I would prefer a direct debit for renewals. I won't authorise continuous payments on a card from previous problems with companies continuing to claim with no permission. Unfortunately, these few have tarred all businesses with the same brush from my point of view. At least you have some control/ guarantee with a direct debit.

Mark
    Holiday Almeria rental apartment
    Marksfish

Comment

Hello Mark,

You will find that you have similar protection with a Standing Order. With a Standing Order, you can cancel the payment arrangement at any time, and you are in 100% control of how much is paid and when. Although there is the DirectDebit guarantee for fraudulent and mistaken transactions, the money has already left your account at this stage, and can take weeks to recover.

You could also pay via PayPal Subscription. This can be done from within your client area. Once you receive due invoice, login into your client area. Once you are logged in please navigate to "My Invoices". Click on the button "PayPal Subscribe".

Once the subscription has been created, the invoice amount will be automatically debited from your PayPal account every month. This can be canceled at any time by you, and can not be altered from our end.

Comment

I had no idea that recurring billing wasn't setup automatically when I created my VPS.

I've logged into my account and can view an option to pay the single invoice by paypal but no 'paypal subscribe' button?

James

Comment

I have asked our in-house programmer to go through the invoice codes and to enable PayPal Subscription Button.

Till the time this is sorted you can make the payment by PayPal.

Comment

Paypal subscription option is available only before due date of an invoice. Paypal subscription option is disabled once the due date is crossed. You can setup a new subscription next month once you receive a new invoice.

If a subscription is created after due date then your monthly invoices will get paid late every month.
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
              Paypal subscription option is available only before due date of an invoice. Paypal subscription option is disabled once the due date is crossed. You can setup a new subscription next month once you receive a new invoice.

If a subscription is created after due date then your monthly invoices will get paid late every month.
              Just to add, which in turn won't be good as you'll risk possible suspension .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
              - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
              X