Promoting affiliate programs on your website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoting affiliate programs on your website

When you are using a website to promote affiliate programs, is it better to promote just a single affiliate program (like EUKHost affiliate program) on the website, or is it OK to promote several programs and put Adsense ads on it? Which will give you better results?

There's no harm in using other PPC programs like Adsense along with some affiliate promotion. Personally i will advice you to stick with just a single campaign at a time, this way you can decide the program which works Best for you !!!
    :hammering:

Comment

I vote for promoting just a single affiliate program. Doing so, you would help your visitors focus their attention to the program you are promoting, and motivate them to take the desired actions.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
        There's no harm in using other PPC programs like Adsense along with some affiliate promotion. Personally i will advice you to stick with just a single campaign at a time, this way you can decide the program which works Best for you !!!
        Originally posted by LaNino View Post
        I vote for promoting just a single affiliate program. Doing so, you would help your visitors focus their attention to the program you are promoting, and motivate them to take the desired actions.
        I agree with harry and LaNino. This way you can directly compare over time which Affiliate programs worked the best over a defined period of time. That way its easier to choose one to stick with permanently.
        David Smith
        Managing Director
        DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
        - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Yes, me too. Focusing on a single affiliate program like eUKhost would help you to generate more profits. Also, besides promoting the affiliate program on your website, I think the following post would help more in marketing the affiliate program.

http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f44/se...eleased-12811/

Comment

And also, with the generous affiliate payments from eUKhost you wouldn't want to distract your visitors minds onto other less rewarding schemes .
            David Smith
            Managing Director
            DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

That's a good point DPS. If you could get 300 per sale from eUKhost, why would you want to publish other ads which would earn you a few pennies per click?

Comment

I go for promoting one affiliate program also. You have worked hard to create a website to promote a great affiliate program on, and you don't want to distract your visitors' attention with other programs and ads.

Comment

I think it depends on the (main) affiliate program you are working with. Amazon affiliate program has a pretty low commission rate (around 4% I guess), so it would be hard to earn decent income with this program alone.

Comment

It is always better if you focus on a single affiliate program on your website. Moreover, adding informative articles in a way that you get returning visitors to your website. Whenever they click on the affiliate link, the cookie period would automatically be reset to a validity of 150 days from the day when a visitors clicks it. While if you try and promote multiple affiliate programs from a website you yourself would decrease the chances of a visitor to click on the link of the company who is offering you a highest amount of commission.

So, better stick with promoting a single program to achieve greater success.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory View Post
                      I think it depends on the (main) affiliate program you are working with. Amazon affiliate program has a pretty low commission rate (around 4% I guess), so it would be hard to earn decent income with this program alone.
                      That is a fair point but then I guess if you choose the best and most generous schemes this would no longer be an issue.
                      David Smith
                      Managing Director
                      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                      X