No announcement yet.

Promoting affiliate links

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promoting your website is important, of course. However, having a lot of content, especially if it's written by someone with a keen interest in the topic as opposed to a page generated for particular keywords, gives you a much better product to promote.

Something else to consider is that some webmasters have a number of sites, many of which they might not have time to actively promote on a regular basis, day in and day out, year in and year out. For that reason, free traffic via search engine marketing versus other marketing means is invaluable. And that traffic only comes with content.

Comment

Originally posted by Addison View Post
      free traffic via search engine marketing versus other marketing means is invaluable. And that traffic only comes with content.
      ... and with lots of good backlinks

Comment

i've never tried this I should get started!

Comment

Originally posted by lethal0r View Post
          i've never tried this I should get started!
          It's a good time to try it out with the competition that is currently running .
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
          - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

It is very much necessary to know the potential sources where you can promote your affiliate link more effectively. IMO, the most effective and potential places for promoting affiliates are webmaster forums and social networks. These are the places where you will find all kinds of business people.

Comment

Originally posted by petey View Post
              It is very much necessary to know the potential sources where you can promote your affiliate link more effectively. IMO, the most effective and potential places for promoting affiliates are webmaster forums and social networks. These are the places where you will find all kinds of business people.
              These are two good places to advertise your affiliate link but, although it takes more effort, creating a site with original content is an extremely good way to ensure long term popularity .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
              - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Sitepoint is another community visited by website owners. This forum plus the two you described seem to have mostly recognized website owners as frequent posters. It would be good to also publish your online link on boards that are for those just starting to develop their website who may not yet have a web host.

Comment

Promoting on forums via signature can be tedious but I see media buys that has been working quite well for affiliates since a long time. You basically buy banner ad space on relevant sites and either do a pre-pay or one can negotiate for a monthly price with the owner of the site and see for the results.

Comment

Originally posted by ranson View Post
                    Promoting on forums via signature can be tedious but I see media buys that has been working quite well for affiliates since a long time. You basically buy banner ad space on relevant sites and either do a pre-pay or one can negotiate for a monthly price with the owner of the site and see for the results.

Do you work with the site owner on a fixed rate or what?

Also, whats the ROI are you generating currently on your campaigns?

Comment

ban-img
                    Working...
                    X