New server from hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New server from hell

Ive been with eUK for the best part of 19 years. I realise that US based servers are few and far between and my Cpanel was moved to a VPS a few years ago. I was moved to a new one about a year ago and everything was great, I had about 5 low usage websites and about 8 or 10 domains that I used for email only.

A few weeks ago I was told I was moving to an exact same spec server, fine I says. I shouldn't notice a difference should I ? Wrong. The server has done nothing, and I mean nothing but lock down. I was told it was because all of the above services are maxing out the server, but how can they be if its the exact same spec as the one I was migrated from. This has gone back and forth for a while but I said fine. I removed everything except 2 websites that are low usage and mainly for emails anyway and it is doing the exact same thing. The server literally has 70MB of RAM for two websites, I am not sure what got lost in translation to having an exact replica of a previous server.

This has cost me two things, the first major is I lost a fairly large IT contract because a client couldnt email me and they went to a different company. Also, neither of my websites appear in Google anymore. I mean why would they, theyre never up anymore. I had the #1 spot for 15 years in Google and have to start from scratch again.

I opened a ticket yesterday, I dont even bother with details at this stage. Just asked for a reboot and a cron to reboot the server every 6 hours or so becuase I would rather do that than have it down for a week which it was the last time. I need this service for another couple of weeks until I can completely migrate away from eUK to a different host.

Can the server be restarted by someone and can a cron be created for this ? I normally dont go to forums to air out dirty laundry but at this stage its ridiculous.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Hi Brian,

I apologise for the inconvenience you have been facing. Since you have been with us for 19 years which is not a short duration by any means, kindly give us some time to dig deep into this and find root cause to this issue. I have escalated this to our CTO Alex for investigation and we shall share an update with you soon.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Brian,

Request you to share the server login information in the ongoing ticket addressing it to Alex P.
      Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
      Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Replied to
        DDG-813-12396

thanks

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Working...
        X