New server from hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New server from hell

Ive been with eUK for the best part of 19 years. I realise that US based servers are few and far between and my Cpanel was moved to a VPS a few years ago. I was moved to a new one about a year ago and everything was great, I had about 5 low usage websites and about 8 or 10 domains that I used for email only.

A few weeks ago I was told I was moving to an exact same spec server, fine I says. I shouldn't notice a difference should I ? Wrong. The server has done nothing, and I mean nothing but lock down. I was told it was because all of the above services are maxing out the server, but how can they be if its the exact same spec as the one I was migrated from. This has gone back and forth for a while but I said fine. I removed everything except 2 websites that are low usage and mainly for emails anyway and it is doing the exact same thing. The server literally has 70MB of RAM for two websites, I am not sure what got lost in translation to having an exact replica of a previous server.

This has cost me two things, the first major is I lost a fairly large IT contract because a client couldnt email me and they went to a different company. Also, neither of my websites appear in Google anymore. I mean why would they, theyre never up anymore. I had the #1 spot for 15 years in Google and have to start from scratch again.

I opened a ticket yesterday, I dont even bother with details at this stage. Just asked for a reboot and a cron to reboot the server every 6 hours or so becuase I would rather do that than have it down for a week which it was the last time. I need this service for another couple of weeks until I can completely migrate away from eUK to a different host.

Can the server be restarted by someone and can a cron be created for this ? I normally dont go to forums to air out dirty laundry but at this stage its ridiculous.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Hi Brian,

I apologise for the inconvenience you have been facing. Since you have been with us for 19 years which is not a short duration by any means, kindly give us some time to dig deep into this and find root cause to this issue. I have escalated this to our CTO Alex for investigation and we shall share an update with you soon.
    eUKhost Ltd.
    Part of the Hyperslice Group

Email: [email protected]
    Phone: 0800 862 0380
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Brian,

Request you to share the server login information in the ongoing ticket addressing it to Alex P.
      eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Replied to
        DDG-813-12396

thanks

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Hi Brian,

We are looking to provision a replacement server for you however this would mean change of server IP address. Kindly confirm if you agree to this change so we can start with the process.
          eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Working...
          X