complete beginers manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complete beginers manual

Even though I had a PC business for 10 years it was purely hardware.

I have 2 packages and 2 website hostings. I know what a web website hosting is, and a what a forum is, (I also run a horse racing forum) but that is about it.

I haven't a clue what MySQL Server or add on domains or anything else really that happens on the control panel.

I would love to see a complete beginers guide explaing every single thing in very simple terms. That way I would probably be able to build a tidy web website hosting. For god's sake my 2 website hostings were built with MS Publisher LOL.
    Ivor

oh dear publisher......

yes you have a goodpoint! I spent ages sorting bits and bobs out and finding stuff. A manual would make life a lot easier!

G-GAME.co.uk

Comment

Yeah web design is a funny thing. Its easy to understand the absics and design a website hosting, I was stuck at this stage for ages, then ia ctually had to strat to learn about dedicated packages, odbc etc etc.

A manual would be a good starting point for peeople on EUKHost

Comment

Hello,

Following this post we will be placing a number of eBooks online for you to download.

Some are large ebooks and will take a lot of time to download but will take you through all the basics and move you on to advanced.

Regards

Robert
        sales @ eukhost
        eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Absolutely great these will be so useful. Will they be available directly from the EUKHost web site?

ATB, M

Comment

Hello,

Once i get the eBooks sorted i will be place a direct link to these on the forums.

They should hopefully be ready either later today or tomorrow sometime. Please stay tuned

Kind Regards

Robert King
            Sales Manager

Comment

Hello,

At the minute i have uploaded 1 ebook it is a Dreamweaver MX tutorial guide:

I will try and get a few more online as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Robert King
              Sales Manager

Comment

i agree with using Dreamweaver MX, even absolute beginners.
                A problem with starters is they think "dreamweaver, etc is too difficult and advanced for me, so i'll start off easy with Publisher or something..." - this will start off bad habits, and you wont get to learn how to create website hostings quite as clearly as if you used an advanced tool like Dreamweaver.

like anything we start from beginning, its going to be hard at first, and theres going to be lots of things you dont understand, but the best way to learn is to try.

One way i started learning was to find a website hosting that i liked, and then try to re-create it on my own from scratch. This way you have a goal, you can easily say to people "how do you do this: <and point to the already built site>. Now, im not suggesting you copy other peoples website hostings and infringe copyrights - this is simply for practice, and learning techniques. Once you get the hang of things, you can start on your own pages.
                www.faceh.com

Comment

Originally posted by faceh
                  i agree with using Dreamweaver MX, even absolute beginners.
                  A problem with starters is they think "dreamweaver, etc is too difficult and advanced for me, so i'll start off easy with Publisher or something..." - this will start off bad habits, and you wont get to learn how to create website hostings quite as clearly as if you used an advanced tool like Dreamweaver.

like anything we start from beginning, its going to be hard at first, and theres going to be lots of things you dont understand, but the best way to learn is to try.

One way i started learning was to find a website hosting that i liked, and then try to re-create it on my own from scratch. This way you have a goal, you can easily say to people "how do you do this: <and point to the already built site>. Now, im not suggesting you copy other peoples website hostings and infringe copyrights - this is simply for practice, and learning techniques. Once you get the hang of things, you can start on your own pages.

very good post bud.

i too started off using publisher and word lol, and have now progressed to dreamweaver.

very complicated but i dont really use it that often, however i think i may of grasped it easier if i hadnt started using publisher first.
                  www.consoleworkshop.co.uk

Comment

yer, publisher and the other "easy to use" apps make it confusing to move to a 'real website hosting developer'. Ideally, you shouldnt use the program at all, just use it to "check your code" - but this only comes once you are familiar with coding website hostings.

when i am designing website hostings, i will use dreamweavers 'duel view' of code and display, so i can edit the code and immediately see how it looks. For example, i always get confused when writing the HTML for tables, so i do it in dreamweaver at the click of a button, and then modify that code.

You dont have to understand everything about dreamweaver to use it - you only have to use what you need. i guess i know about 5% of the capabilities of dreamweaver
                    www.faceh.com

Comment

I personally prefer to write html as html not in a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.
                      I find that programs like dreamweaver tend to break things and often don't conform to web standards.

If you're after a piece of software which will let you see what you are doing, then consider something like 1stpage (www. evrsoft.com).

I know that a lot of people prefer to use a WYSIWYG editor, particularly beginners, but I personally think you learn much more from a well structured HTML document and you learn what each tag does.

Comment

Working...
                      X