New Ticketng System Gltches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ticketng System Gltches

This is the first time that I've used the new client area to submit a ticket and there are a couple of glitches that I've found:

1. In IE8 the open ticket page is blank whether or not I click on the Open Ticket button or go directly to https://www.eukhost.com/ehostbill/openticket.php. Compatibility view makes no difference.

2. Open Ticket works fine in Firefox 10.0.2 but when I send a message a blank page is subsequently shown and I have to go back to the home page. I can then see that the message has been sent successfully.
    Last edited by stevem; 03-03-2012, 14:16. Reason: Add word

Hello Stevem,

Thanks for your feedback regarding New Ticketing System. Today we have added one additional Network/Service update module within existing Ticketing system, I think that might have caused an issue. I will get this checked our developer and get it fixed.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Alex Parker
    Senior System Administrator.
    Dedicated Hosting || Semi Dedicated Hosting|Disaster Recovery Solutions

EMAIL:alex @ eukhost.com
    MSN: alex @ eukhost.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevem View Post
      This is the first time that I've used the new client area to submit a ticket and there are a couple of glitches that I've found:

1. In IE8 the open ticket page is blank whether or not I click on the Open Ticket button or go directly to https://www.eukhost.com/ehostbill/openticket.php. Compatibility view makes no difference.

2. Open Ticket works fine in Firefox 10.0.2 but when I send a message a blank page is subsequently shown and I have to go back to the home page. I can then see that the message has been sent successfully.
      Just to add I have encountered the same problem as Steve with regards to his point number 2.

I have recieved the blank page after replying to a ticket (but the ticket reply has been sent successfully). This is using Windows 7 and IE 9. .
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
      - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hello Stevem, David,

There was a some coding issue in the news modules php file which has been sorted. I have tested point 1 and 2 in different browsers which are absolutely working fine. Could you please check it and let us know if you have any issue.
        Thanks and Regards,
        Alex Parker

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
          Hello Stevem, David,

There was a some coding issue in the news modules php file which has been sorted. I have tested point 1 and 2 in different browsers which are absolutely working fine. Could you please check it and let us know if you have any issue.
          Hi Alex. I'm waiting for a response to my ticket from support so when I get their reply obviously I will be replying back so I will be able to tell you then if its working for me .
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I can confirm that posting a reply now gives the correct page.

IE8 will now login but the Remember me option in both Firefox and IE puts in the wrong password so giving an invalid login, so I leave it unticked.

Comment

I can confirm that posting a reply now gives the correct page.

IE8 will now login but the Remember me option in both Firefox and IE puts in the wrong password so giving an invalid login, so I leave it unticked.
              That's good . Hopefully it should work for me later as well .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Thanks for update Stevem, David
                Thanks and Regards,
                Alex Parker

Comment

Originally posted by AlexP View Post
                  Thanks for update Stevem, David
                  No problem Alex.

I have just responded to a ticket and I can confirm that the ticket system is again fully functioning for me .

Thanks Alex .
                  David Smith
                  Managing Director
                  DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Now that have been using the ticketing system for a while it may be helpful to note my experiences. Number 2 below is probably the most important as it makes everything difficult.

1. As noted above, the Remember me option on login puts in the wrong password so can't be used.

2. Every page is very slow to load.

3. It might be best to put the messages in reverse order so that the message being replied to is just underneath rather than a long way away.

4. When conducting a conversation such as "see if this works", "yes but that doesn't" etc I leave the window open but after a relatively short while I am logged out so replying is tortuous. It involves:
                    a) pressing Post Reply which gets you logged out;
                    b) logging in again;
                    c) clicking onto Manage Support Tickets;
                    d) clicking on the ticket;
                    e) clicking on Post Reply;
                    f) writing the reply;
                    g) pressing Send.
                    Since every page is slow to load this is a deeply frustrating experience.
                    Suggestions:
                    either (i) make the session timeout much longer
                    or (ii) after pressing Post Reply and logging in, the page goes back to the reply page.

Comment

Now that have been using the ticketing system for a while it may be helpful to note my experiences. Number 2 below is probably the most important as it makes everything difficult.

1. As noted above, the Remember me option on login puts in the wrong password so can't be used.

3. It might be best to put the messages in reverse order so that the message being replied to is just underneath rather than a long way away.

4. When conducting a conversation such as "see if this works", "yes but that doesn't" etc I leave the window open but after a relatively short while I am logged out so replying is tortuous. It involves:
                      b) logging in again;
                      f) writing the reply;
                      g) pressing Send.
                      Suggestions:
                      or (ii) after pressing Post Reply and logging in, the page goes back to the reply page.
                      I think these are all very good suggestions and would +1 them .

I have especially also noticed that page loads do appear to be quite slow (in comparison with the other parts of the eUKhost site) .
                      David Smith
                      Managing Director
                      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hello David, Stevem
                        Thanks for your suggestion.
                        I have tested the "Remember Me" password option in different browsers and it's work for me without any error. It seems that you might be saved the password in your browser which causes an issue. Could you please try to remove the browser Saved password and try again.
                        The ticket system is hosted on our other server which is integrated within our billing system though the API so it takes some times to read/fetch tickets data from help-desk system server. We are trying to use some caching software to speedup the pages loading time.
                        This is a common method mostly use on all help-desk system.I have told our developer to add a "Post Reply" button at bottom of ticket view page so it will be easy to reply a post quickly and you won't need to go on top to reply a ticket.
                        b) logging in again;
                        f) writing the reply;
                        g) pressing Send.
                        Suggestions:
                        For a security reason we have keep the login session timeout value less. The session is automatically expired if you keep the login session idle long time. I will discuss it with our billing core developer will update what we can do to fix it.
                        Thanks and Regards,
                        Alex Parker

Comment

I can't view all resolved tickets? Please fix it asap.
                          cPanel Hosting | Fastest Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Web Hosting Forum

Comment

I wanted to look something up as well in a resolved ticket and was unable to so it would be good to have the facility back again.

Comment

That's strange, I'm sure I was just able to see resolved tickets. I'll double check this and get back to you .
                              David Smith
                              Managing Director
                              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                              X