Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurrah! I am leaving EUKhost!

Dear EUKhost,

I am sorry to say that having been with you since 2008, when your services and support were excellent, I have been forced to move to another provider. My reasons? Simple.

From having one of the best levels of support in the industry you now have one of the worst. I do not have time to list all the issues I have had with you here. However they range from provision of false information (upon which I moved to your Cloud then back when it was obviously not the same or better than what I had), frustration at trying to explain to Live Chat that what they were saying is wrong could not possibly be what the issue was (problem over page load taking 9 minutes to load yet I'd not changed anything. Turned out to be yet another "permissions issue") and down right blatent fob-offs to name just a few.

If you really do care about why you have lost this customer please feel free to review my support history. It is too late for you with me but it might help you catch a few others before they finally pick the last straw as I did two months ago. I really am disappointed by your performance over the last year. I'm not a difficult customer. I accept things go wrong from time to time but what I don't appreciate is the inferrence that it is my a) fault, b) system, c) script, d) whatever else that's to blame first then your tampering/adjustment or whatever second.

I have now found a most excellent UK based host. It has been very easy to migrate my sites away from you and guess what! They all worked first time with no fannying about. Further - They had a problem with one of their servers a couple of weeks ago that meant some sites went down for 1-2 hrs. They were back up and running quickly and then when it was all sorted out they issued an email to all their customers from their top technical guy who opened with taking personal responsibility for the issues, caused by a mistake one of them made in configurations. The explanation was very detailed, went on for about half a page in length and finished with information about what they had changed to make sure it couldn't happen again. How very refreshing.

Anyway. EUKhost. I appreciate the help you gave me in the early stages of my time with you and I really do hope you manage to recapture the standards and competencies you had then.

Kind regards,

Jock Munro

P.S The avatar below should say "EUKhost used to rock"
    Drunkencelt
    www.dc-website-services.co.uk

Disappointing to see you leave eUkhost

Dear Jock,

Providing excellent customer service has always been our focus all these years and it is disappointing to see you leave our company. We would like to see you come back to our company as our aim has always been to raise the quality of our services and support to the next level.

I have checked all your previous tickets till last December but can see only one issue with Cron Jobs on one of your domains and that was due to DNS propagation and permissions. It was addressed by our support team with detail explanation and provision of logs.

Apart from this, I can see a ticket regarding performance issue in February 2012 however even that was answered properly and with the exact reason that was causing the performance issue.

If there is any specific issue which was not addressed as you would have preferred, we would request you to provide the details of the same so we can analyze what was the exact cause of it. This would help us avoid this issue again in future.

Your feedback on this would help us improve on this aspect and would be highly appreciated.

You can PM me here or send an email to me at [email protected] with your feedback. Leading the technical support team at eUKhost, I can definitely assure that your inputs would be duly taken into consideration and steps would be taken in order to improvise.

Comment

Hi Nick,

You've obviously not looked at IJI-109-23242 then. There is quite a summary of what happened there on that ticket. Basically I took advice from your sales department, asked all the right questions and on the basis of the answers I got I moved to the Cloud only to find it was not what I had been told. Victorious was higher spec and so would not run one of my Drupal sites properly. This is only one example. You mention the Crons. Crons have always been intermittent. They'd run on one account but not on some others with the same settings. It takes time to try and sort these out and not always is there an explanation.

Don't just review the tickets. Look at the live chat too as generally for each ticket there is an extensive live chat before which takes time. If you really are interested in improving your service look at the whole customer experience and not just what is on the support ticket. Look at them objectively. I could go on and trawl through all my live chat transcripts and cross refer them with each support ticket so you have the whole picture, however I don't have the time or inclination now to be honest.

I really do wish you all the best and I hope you manage to really 'get it'.

Cheers
      Drunkencelt

Comment

Dear Jock,

Yes, I did check all your tickets and chats including the one that is mentioned in your reply and I never denied the fact about the performance issue over cloud. That was the only reason I requested to you get your account migrated back to the reseller server in the same ticket.

We have already upgraded the resources on our cloud server couple of months back and stopped filling new accounts on that server in order to avoid the performance issues in future.

I apologize for the all the miscommunication from our side and the inconvenience caused to you.

We won't be able to change what has happened, but we will take this incidence as a learning curve to improve our services.

We wish you all the best with your new provider and hope you would like to consider our services in future again.

Comment

Hi Gerald,

I can see that the technology recommended by our sales department didn't work for you and that was the only reason you got disappointed with our service. Our support was the same and nothing went wrong from the support side, but the solution which was recommended to you as an upgrade turned to be a nightmare for you.

Please accept my sincere apology for all the trouble you had due to this upgrade. We will make a case-study on this problem and share the same with our technical and sales staff. We will avoid repeat of such problem again in the future.
          eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Still getting it wrong...but not surprised really.

Dear Eukhost,

Even in the final death throes of my time with you as a reseller you can't seem get it right. For the benefit of others I reproduce my final (I hope communication with you);

Dear EUKhost,

Rather than to keep sending me unwanted invoice reminders telling me what I already know, why not do as you are supposed to do and deactivate my billing account following (presumably) deactivating my reseller account (as I requested in an email to you on 25/6)?

But then I’m not surprised. It’s the reason I left you after all – poor customer support/interactions. You say all the right corporate things but just seem to get the actual ‘doing’ bit wrong.

Please try and get it right this time and stop sending me reminders to pay the outstanding invoice. I have absolutely no intentions of ever renewing. Ever.
            Perhaps when you review your support/customer relations efforts in my case you might also include Billing workflows too?

Cheers
            Drunkencelt

Comment

P.S,

What happened to the comment from the other customer following #2 who had a few contributory comments on a couple of things that I said? Has he deleted it?

Thanks
              Drunkencelt

Comment

Re: Hurrah! I am leaving EUKhost!

Originally posted by Drunkencelt View Post
                I have now found a most excellent UK based host. It has been very easy to migrate my sites away from you and guess what! They all worked first time with no fannying about. Further - They had a problem with one of their servers a couple of weeks ago that meant some sites went down for 1-2 hrs. They were back up and running quickly and then when it was all sorted out they issued an email to all their customers from their top technical guy who opened with taking personal responsibility for the issues, caused by a mistake one of them made in configurations. The explanation was very detailed, went on for about half a page in length and finished with information about what they had changed to make sure it couldn't happen again. How very refreshing.
                you're probably forgetting why this new company is so good.. is it relatively new? Is it smaller than EUK? All IT or web based companies go this way. They start off, provide an excellent service, the reputation grows, they get bigger, then get bought out by another company.. and suddenly all your fantastic service and support drops. It sounds like you have found a new company in the smaller early stages? Give it time.. it will go to pot as well.

I'm still reasonably happy with EUK after five years or so.. the migration to the vlite platform a few months back caused me problems, and i have seen more issues as a result, but in general.. they're still acceptable for what is now a large company (although dont get me started on the billing dept, which is and always has been useless, at best).

Generally though, EUK are still doing pretty well in my eyes.

Comment

Re: Hurrah! I am leaving EUKhost!

Originally posted by Drunkencelt View Post
                  P.S,

What happened to the comment from the other customer following #2 who had a few contributory comments on a couple of things that I said? Has he deleted it?

Thanks
                  Hi,

I'd just like to respond for the benefit of reassurance. We do not delete genuine posts or threads, including any posts or threads from our customers when we have failed to provide the level of service our customers expect from us. As Nick has said, customer service is what we are always focused on and I am disappointed in the problems that you had faced with us resulting in you leaving. It would be completely dishonest for us to remove posts or threads from genuine customers that may be critical towards us - any regular customer on the forum know we are transparent on the forum.

Regards,

Ben Stones.
                  Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
                  Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
                  Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
                  Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

ban-img
                  Working...
                  X