Powered by eUKhost®

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is eNlight not cloud hosting?.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is eNlight not cloud hosting?.......

When you go on LiveChat.

Well yeah it was news to me. eNlight isn't cloud hosting (apparently). Oh, and it's not reliable. If you need your website to be up, don't choose eNlight ----> BTW, these aren't my words, these are Sales own words.

David: Hello Matt
    David: I wondered if you could suggest an alternate package to eNlight?
    Matt: Hello David

(Promising Start)

David: 55% uptime is, quite frankly atrocious. Most of the support members I have chatted to in the past 20 hours that I have started my first eNlight VM can't assist you with the package. It's too unreliable for us and not suitable for running our clients websites on
    David: And I know eUK's other services are good, from past experience

(Just being honest - notice I give praise where praise is due - eUK are a good company)

Matt: Ok
    Matt: In that case you can upgrade to our Dedicated Cloud Server.

(Upgrade? I was under eNlight was the best hosting package.... anyway moving on).

David: does this really have 100% uptime?
    Matt: It starts from 33 .00 GBP / Month.
    Matt: Yes, Indeed.

(I'm suspicious of 100% uptime considering the 99.95% uptime quote I got before turned out to be 55% (approx) in reality)

David: eNlight was supposed to have 99.95% uptime
    David: and it was at least 44.95% below that
    Matt: In cloud there is a cluster of servers, where the load is shared to maintain the uptime, availability and performance.

(I appreciate that, but it is kind of swerving the point ).

David: I thought eNlight was cloud hosting as well?
    Matt: If you or your business rely greatly on your website, Cloud hosting is the best suitable option for you.

(Hmmmm, well yes, that's why I picked eNlight - somewhere I think our wires are crossing)

Matt: If the eNlight Cloud Computing platform isn't what you were looking for, please consider paying a visit to HyperV VMWare Hosting or check out our Dedicated Server.
    Matt: Do you wish to upgrade now ?

(Au contrare, eNlight is what I'm looking for, I just need it providing to me as described! Oh yes, please raise a 33 invoice for me, after all I really want to spend more money when the thing I've already paid for isn't being provided).

David: are they generally more reliable?
    Matt: Yes.

(That's a thumbs down from eNlight from Sales then - if they don't have confidence in it, how am I supposed to?)

Matt: Also, we have some deal running on the Cloud and Dedicated Server.
    David: oh, whats that?

(I'm interested, maybe this is compensation for all the grey hair I've developed over the past 24 hours).

Matt: May I know what would be your billing cycle, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually or Annually ?

(What's that got to do with the price of fish? Is there a discount or isn't there).

David: Probably monthly
    Matt: I can offer you 5% on Quarterly, 7% on Semi-Annually and 10% Annually. So no deal available on Monthly Signup.
    Matt: Sorry* no deal available on Monthly Signup.

(Oh, well that's great to know. I'm suffering extreme downtime and this is now an apt moment to let me know you'd like to discount other people, but not me?)

Matt: Ok, Incase of any questions please feel free to contact me personally at Skype Id: mattglory15 or drop an email to [email protected]

(I'll think about that for all of 0.0000001 seconds. I'm sure you already know the answer ).

Matt: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

(Getting my VM back online that's had 45% downtime? Hang on, no don't mention that David - last time you mentioned that you were gifted a further 7 hours downtime ).

Matt: You might receive a short Survey, We would request you to give us your valuable feedback as it will help us to go that extra mile to provide you with Quality Service.

(Trust me on this one, there is absolutely nothing I want to enter in this survey that you would want to read).

I'm going to call this "My Sales Experience".

Needless to say I won't be requiring any more assistance from Sales if this is what I'm going to get. However, if you like wasting your time and poking pins in your eyes, you know where to go .
    David Smith
    Managing Director
    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
    - New Site (10/2009)

H David,

it seems Matt was trying for a quick sale. his Manager will take necessary action on him.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Hi Mark,

Yes I did get the impression he was trying to fleece me for more money .
      David Smith
      Managing Director
      DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hello David,

I'm not responding here to try and defend anyone, because you know what my opinion on this entire situation is - but in short, the staff members you dealt with didn't provide the level of service we want to provide to all of our customers, and action will be taken against the staff members who had provided you with unacceptable service. I will be speaking with Mark today, as something needs to be done about this because we don't want this situation repeated because it's incredibly unprofessional and the lack of support you received because of the issue you had with your eNlight Cloud VM wasn't acceptable by any measure.

You are such a long-term loyal customer of ours and I am disappointed that you have been given such a bad level of service. I'm not happy about it. I sincerely apologise for the bad level of service you've received.

Best regards,
        Ben Stones.
        Find us on Twitter and Facebook

Need to contact us?
        Customer Support: Client Area - 0800 862 0380 (option 2)
        Customer Relations: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 3)
        Sales: [email protected] - 0800 862 0380 (option 1)

The opinions or views expressed above are not necessarily the opinions or views of eUKhost Ltd.

Comment

Hi David,

You had initiated chat in the sales department and that was the root cause of this problem. We have taken necessary action to avoid repeat of similar problem in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
            Hello David,

I'm not responding here to try and defend anyone, because you know what my opinion on this entire situation is - but in short, the staff members you dealt with didn't provide the level of service we want to provide to all of our customers, and action will be taken against the staff members who had provided you with unacceptable service. I will be speaking with Mark today, as something needs to be done about this because we don't want this situation repeated because it's incredibly unprofessional and the lack of support you received because of the issue you had with your eNlight Cloud VM wasn't acceptable by any measure.

You are such a long-term loyal customer of ours and I am disappointed that you have been given such a bad level of service. I'm not happy about it. I sincerely apologise for the bad level of service you've received.

Best regards,
            Ben Stones.
            I can understand what you say re:staff errors.

Just to clarify, especially with regards to eNlight, it seems nigh on impossible to get through to someone on support who actually understands what eNlight is, how to manage it and how to diagnose errors at eUK's end. Now undoubtedly, there are people at eUK who do know these things, but you can't get through to talk to them without investing a lot of unnecessary time and effort.

Don't get me wrong, it would be unrealistic for every staff member to know everything about every product and problem with it... but if your asking a question about an eUK product and the staff member you are talking to doesn't know the answer or the details of the product being questioned, surly they should transfer you to someone who does?

I mean, take this situation for example. I walk into PC World and I am looking to buy a new computer. I question a member of staff about their best selling PC and they can't answer any questions about it. I then ask more and more members of staff about the same product and I still can't get any answers. I get frustrated and go to a different store. This is a similar situation to my experience of trying to get information about eNlight for the 24 hours mentioned previously.

I was more than a little baffled about how, on numerous LiveChat's it was very hard to get information about a company product that is being sold - especially one as heavily promoted as eNlight.

I obviously understand that things happen from time to time. But it was the amount of things that happened within 24 hours which was completely frustrating.

I mean over 7 hours downtime for a VM in a row? I do understand the reasons for this now (mostly) however I feel that that the reason for most of this downtime wasn't because support couldn't fix it, but because they were unaware of it until I started the LiveChat around 6 hours after it first went down. Unfortunately I couldn't monitor the VM that day as I was on a training course.

Thank you Ben.

I think one of the things that made it even more frustrating is that the level of service normally provided by eUKhost is excellent. So I guess it makes it 10x worse when things go so badly wrong.

There were some things that were annoying, but that are easily acceptable without the other things happening.

For example, I understand the additional invoice for eNlight addons was a mistake and it should have just been taken from credit. That I can accept, everything goes wonky from time to time - software isn't perfect . However, if a VM had been suspended for this, that would be totally unacceptable.

I guess one of the most confusing things is why I was being told by some it had been suspended and by others it had not. Surly on eUK's systems it shows whether a package / account / VM has been suspended for an invoice or not? So I was a bit perplexed as to why there was so much confusion on this issue among staff.

Thanks to all the people who have helped sort out the situation recently .
            David Smith
            Managing Director
            DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
              Hi David,

You had initiated chat in the sales department and that was the root cause of this problem. We have taken necessary action to avoid repeat of similar problem in the future.
              Yeah, I made a few mistakes during this period due to lack of sleep (which was due to spending lots of time on LiveChat ).

However, I accept my mistakes are my mistakes, tiredness or not, and that obviously isn't eUK's fault .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

- New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Hi David,

Most of the techs rely on online information to resolve problems. Google is the best friend of a System Administrator. You can can hundreds of articles related to technical problems on VMWare or Hyper-V, but we don't have much information online related to our product eNlight. Everytime there's a problem, we have to get our eNlight Architects involved. We have a team of Engineers for documentation of eNlight, but that information is yet to go online.

I'll talk to the eNlight Architects and Engineering team. We will figure out some solution asap to avoid recurrence of similar problem in the future.

Comment

hierarchical

Comment

ban-img
                  Working...
                  X