Making Shared SSL Cert Trusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks you for the positive comments

I was wondering if it is related to the website hosting being located in a sub folder /lionblade/ instead of the default /~lionblad/

I had support move my main domain to point to a subfolder so we can manage multiple website hostings easily.

What is the cost involved in having a dedicated ip address, total cost/package.

Comment

Dedicated IP would be £20/year or £2/month.

Comment

Hi flesso, thanks.

This might be strange but have you made any changes mark, I cleared all my cache and didn't get it now? Can anyone reading this please try the link and let me know if you are getting any warnings/reasons to doubt the SSL connection.

Generally it will ask you to Accept the Certificate as it is not from a trusted source. Goto www.lionblade.com and try to Login/Register. This is when the website hosting switches to SSL mode.

Comment

You are making it difficult for me

I cleared everything from IE many times to get the error but now you have said that you cleared everything to remove the error.

Anyways, I am happy to see the error disappear.
          eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Hi Nams
            The store works fine for me from the link - no warnings or errors. I'm using win XP and firefox (also works ok in ie).
            Like the store - one small thing - don't know if you intended it or not - but the categories on the left have no font assigned so they use the users default (on firefox my default is set to comic sans ms to show up such errors) which is ok most of the time as most people don't change the standard setting (times new roman?)
            Regards
            David
            David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

Comment

I am not trying to make it difficult, just unable to replicate the problem now??? It's been there from the beginning, someone must have done something....???

Hi David

Did you try the Login/Register link to switch to SSL?

And there's alway's one who has custom settings lol I have defined it in css font-family: sans-serif; so it should be ok?? It also might be my stylesheet, it's around 26k and when there's a lag on server sometimes it won't load correctly. Just need to work on optimising it.

edit: Opera now reports

The connection to vc10.eukhost.com is secure. IE and Firefox are seeing it ok too, before there was a red cross sign.

vc10.eukhost.com, Domain Control Validated, PositiveSSL
              Last edited by nams; 28-04-2007, 13:55.

Comment

seems like Opera has corrected itself

it needs to get better to compete with FireFox or IE.

Comment

Had a few more people check and now so far so good, will let you know if it comes up again. I swear it's been there till now!

Opera looks quite good already. I only installed it yesterday to test the website hosting as a few Opera users have been hitting in web stats. I like the Speed dial feature and the funky grapics, like how many images loaded. Just needs users to catch on.

Comment

Was fine for me, IE & Firefox in XP as well as IE & Firefox in Vista. Hope that helps!
                    David Smith
                    Managing Director
                    DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                    - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Thanks that's great. I'm quite happy now it works. I thought it was something with Shared SSL. It is verified now, maybe someone at eukhost reset it or something. Anyway great service again.

Comment

I insist

we didn't do anything as we never had any problem with it

Comment

All works fine for me too, no errors at all.

Your 'symptoms' sound as if Opera did not have PositiveSSL CA listed in its Trusted Root Certification Authorities, as a consequence it would see the SSL as untrusted/untrustworthy - hence the message "The certificate for "vc10.eukhost.com" is signed by the unknown Certificate Authority "PositiveSSL CA". It is not possible to verify that this is a valid certificate"

Maybe Opera updated itself while you were using it?

Comment

Ok I believe you

It was not only peculiar to Opera but Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Possibly this has been updated recently: Trusted Root Certification Authorities

So in turn making the certificate ok now.

Comment

Who knows!? But at least it resolved itself and everyones happy now!
                              David Smith
                              Managing Director
                              DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                              - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                              X