Powered by eUKhost®

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointed and frustrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disappointed and frustrated

    So, we are long time customer of eukhost. I think 7 years at least and maybe more.

    Honestly speaking there was always issues.

    There has been always downtimes with our shared windows server. every other month there was downtime for anywhere from 6 to 36 hours when shared server did not worked, it served us as DNS server and all our sites (even hosted externally and on encloud) was not available.

    we really hoped and waited for this to be more reliable, but over years it did not changed; once in 1-3 months there was downtime, and it was long. I can understand several hours downtime (like 1-2 hours, should be enough for maintenance0, but when it was for 12-24-36 hours - that was just not acceptable

    okay, we realized this is shared server, so we probably we having very high expectations (but really I dont think you can rely on this service if it can be down for more than 6 hours, and sometimes more than 24 hours), so we moved our DNS to cloudflare (no downtime for DNS since then btw)

    but now we having issues with our enlight cloud server. during last month we experience second multi-hours downtime of entire server; and we hosting there our business critical applications. so you can understand how this is annoying.

    at April 8 (less than month ago) there was 12+ hours downtime; see ticket BSA-124-94663
    at May 4 again 12+ hours downtime, and still not resolved; see ticket KFP-557-52113

    that just unacceptable; you cannot sell service with such level of availability to people. that not making any sense. have you heard anything about redundancy, about high availability? are you here for real or for just taking money and do not taking and responsibility?

    I expect some senior people of company to contact me and explain whats going on and what you can do to cover our losses. we loosing money and loosing trust of our clients.

    I'm going to immediately cancel my account and request refund for all paid services after I have copy of data stored on server (I hope you do backups)

  • #2
    Re: Disappointed and frustrated

    I am currently sharing your frustration. Now 15 hours of downtime. No updates to the status page (which incidentally took over 2 hours to have something posted on it anyway).

    I've been assured the VMs are in tact, but I don't know why they can't be connected to from an alternative node, isn't that the point of cloud?

    Live chats won't explain what the problem is, all I know is senior admins are working on it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disappointed and frustrated

      We regret the inconvenience this outage has caused. You will surely receive a detailed explanation about the cause of this issue and the steps we undertook in order to resolve it however our immediate priority at the moment is to restore the service. We request your patience till then as our senior techs are currently busy with the resolution of the issue.
      Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
      Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disappointed and frustrated

        Are we not allowed to know what the issue is? If the VMs are in tact, why can they not be connected to an alternative node/host?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disappointed and frustrated

          I am very sorry to hear that this has been your experience and I will begin investigating this immediately. You have provided ticket references and this has enabled me to locate your account. For security purposes I will now create a ticket regarding this post and if you can please respond to that ticket as required, we can address your complaint and resolve your issues.

          Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

          Kind Regards,
          Jenna Strong
          Customer Relations Manager







          Originally posted by aexsoft View Post
          So, we are long time customer of eukhost. I think 7 years at least and maybe more.

          Honestly speaking there was always issues.

          There has been always downtimes with our shared windows server. every other month there was downtime for anywhere from 6 to 36 hours when shared server did not worked, it served us as DNS server and all our sites (even hosted externally and on encloud) was not available.

          we really hoped and waited for this to be more reliable, but over years it did not changed; once in 1-3 months there was downtime, and it was long. I can understand several hours downtime (like 1-2 hours, should be enough for maintenance0, but when it was for 12-24-36 hours - that was just not acceptable

          okay, we realized this is shared server, so we probably we having very high expectations (but really I dont think you can rely on this service if it can be down for more than 6 hours, and sometimes more than 24 hours), so we moved our DNS to cloudflare (no downtime for DNS since then btw)

          but now we having issues with our enlight cloud server. during last month we experience second multi-hours downtime of entire server; and we hosting there our business critical applications. so you can understand how this is annoying.

          at April 8 (less than month ago) there was 12+ hours downtime; see ticket BSA-124-94663
          at May 4 again 12+ hours downtime, and still not resolved; see ticket KFP-557-52113

          that just unacceptable; you cannot sell service with such level of availability to people. that not making any sense. have you heard anything about redundancy, about high availability? are you here for real or for just taking money and do not taking and responsibility?

          I expect some senior people of company to contact me and explain whats going on and what you can do to cover our losses. we loosing money and loosing trust of our clients.

          I'm going to immediately cancel my account and request refund for all paid services after I have copy of data stored on server (I hope you do backups)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disappointed and frustrated

            Hi Emmelle,

            Could you please DM your account details or send an email to [email protected]

            I can then locate your account and update you ASAP.

            Kind Regards,
            Jenna Strong

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disappointed and frustrated

              Email sent.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                Originally posted by Emmelle View Post
                Are we not allowed to know what the issue is? If the VMs are in tact, why can they not be connected to an alternative node/host?
                We have found that there is some issue with the storage device but the exact cause has not been identified yet. We have escalated this to the storage vendor and our team is in touch with their techs. We will share an update on the status page as soon as any info is received.
                Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                  Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  We will share an update on the status page as soon as any info is received.
                  You really should post updates more often. Considering how you seriously damaging business of your customers with this issue you should post updates almost in real-time. Every 30 minutes at least. Right now we have no feedback literally and only had to guess what you are doing to resolve this and when it will be finally solved.

                  Please post update every 30 minutes!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                    Thank you for your feedback. We are already taking steps to ensure that the status page is kept up to date. We can appreciate that this has not been a good experience for our customers and we can assure you that we are going to carry out a thorough review. I have asked our support team to update you directly through your tickets with regards to your VM and I am going to review your past issues and address them through the ticket created.

                    Kind Regards,
                    Jenna

                    Originally posted by aexsoft View Post
                    You really should post updates more often. Considering how you seriously damaging business of your customers with this issue you should post updates almost in real-time. Every 30 minutes at least. Right now we have no feedback literally and only had to guess what you are doing to resolve this and when it will be finally solved.

                    Please post update every 30 minutes!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                      @aexsoft Your VM should now be up. Can you please check?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                        Dear Customers,

                        Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We sincerely regret the downtime you have suffered.

                        We would like to ensure you that this issue was taken on high priority and our engineers were trying hard to get everything restored as quickly as possible. There were critical issues for which we had to rely on our vendor's support and hence there was a delay where we could not provide an ETA.

                        There was an issue with of the storage LUN which caused LUN to go offline and hence all VM's storage files [ VHD ] were detached. The LUN was back online after sometime, but we were facing issue while getting VHD reattached.

                        This was a much critical state and there was a high risk of Data loss, so we escalated incident to the Dell engineers and it took them some time to figure out the root cause.

                        As of now, the storage issue is fully resolved and we have restored most of the VM's service. We are making detailed report of this incident with the help of input from vendor support and will share with you very soon.

                        We appreciate your patience and understanding and assure you that this will not happen again.
                        Regards,
                        Kieran A.
                        Cloud Administrator
                        Skype :: Kieran.Alen | eUKhost

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                          Can I please have it clarified that the 100% uptime SLA is useless when the storage is a single point of failure. Is there any redundant/replicated storage able to take over in the event of the storage becoming unavailable? If not, then the whole setup is not redundant, and simply becomes as effective as a single server set up. You can have all the nodes/hosts, switches, UPS units you want, but if the data is only in one place, it can still easily fail, and with catastrophic results.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                            Hi Emmelle,

                            Yes. There is redundancy configured on the storage, however it takes over when whole storage gets crashed and becomes inaccessible. In our case issue was with specific Volume [ LUN ] and hence VMs hosted on it got offline.

                            All the VMs from other LUNs have been online and we also tried moving all VMs from faulty LUN to the working one, but that did not help due to some system error.
                            Regards,
                            Kieran A.
                            Cloud Administrator
                            Skype :: Kieran.Alen | eUKhost

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disappointed and frustrated

                              Are you compensating customers for this prolonged downtime on a 100% uptime guaranteed service?

                              Comment

                              ban-img
                              Working...
                              X