Affiliate / coupon comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate / coupon comment

This is mainly connected to the existing promo/competition, and an idea for the future...

It would be great if for such offers we could use a URL such as:
    http://eukhost.com/index.php?ref=mysite.com

...where mysite.com represented the website hosting run by an existing eUKhost user, with the 'ref' value being logged for each sucessful signup. This would make it easier to encorage users to sign up as we'd only have to provide them with a URL and wouldn't need them to enter anything in the coupon. Some might forget (or just not) enter a value in the coupon field as they don't see any benefit to them. Atleast for future can we please use our website hosting url (eg. "mysite.com") as the coupon, as I'm not keen on posting my email address about the place.

It would be nice if eUKhost would consider possibly running an affiliate scheme sometime in the future. It 'could' be run where the value can be deducted from a renewal cost or the traditional payout when value = £xx.

Just a thought for the ideas pot.
    To err is human, but to really screw up you need a computer.

Your suggestion is right and we will consider this. I'll have one of our senior developer to see if we can make this work.

We decided to use email address as coupons to disallow new signups from getting benefit of 15% discount as its very easy to locate domains hosted on a particular server and anyone can use one of the existing domain hosted on our servers to get 15% discount.

Even if someone visits this forum then he / she can manage to get 15% discount by finding domain of one of the customers posting over here.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Prehaps have a section within the members login which allows members to choose a value, even if it has a prefix determined by eUKhost. For instance it could be "ePromo_RANDOM-VALUE", where "ePromo_" is the prefix. That way would allow for members to have some custimisation, whilst at the same time it won't be too easy to guess and gives eUKhost some control over the coupon values used.

In my opinion the coupons are best for when the person signing up gets a benefit (as they usually remember to enter it), though the 'special URLs' are better when it's just existing members that benefit. I must admit I haven't read too greatly into the current promo, however if anyone asks me for a web host I'll be pointing them in this direction.
      To err is human, but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

Hello Eidolon,

Most of our customers have ignored the Laptop Contest like you did but they do mention name of eukhost while communicating with their friends and associates. We started this contest to let one of our existing customer win a laptop but we were expecting better response to the contest.

I think that we should wait for 1 week as the response may improve at the end of contest.
        eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
        Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
        X