PHP 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 5

Just a thought, prehaps eUKhosts might consider upgrading to PHP5 in the near future. It would seem that this version has now stabled itself, or atleast the number of bug fix releases for it has slowed down.
    To err is human, but to really screw up you need a computer.

We will proceed with upgrade on few servers at the end of this week. Please feel free to open a ticket on this saturday mentioning your domain name so that we can include your server in the list of servers scheduled for php 5 upgrade.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Cheers, I've opened a ticket this morning as I've been away from my computer all weekend, hopefully I'm not too late.

Comment

Quick comment... unless you're able to use the latest stable version of PHP5 it's advisable to stick to PHP4. My old host that refused to upgrade their PHP5 version due to CPanel compatibility suffered a server hack at the weekend, though I think that may also be due to poor security. The latest version 5.1.3 has "a significant amount of bug fixes and resolves a number of security issues".

Comment

As of 17th August the latest PHP versions are... PHP 4.4.4 and PHP 5.1.5.

By the looks of it there are quite a few security fixes in the latest releases. Main reason for pointing this out being that the servers appear to be using 4.4.2, thus may help with their security.

Comment

We have PHP 5.1.5 on 3 of our new servers by now. You can request our support staff to move your account to a server with php 5. 2 of the new servers have got MySQL Server 5 as well so depending on your requirement you can consider one of the server as per your requirements.
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Working...
            X