Quick Status View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Status View

Hello, I noticed that my website hosting had gone down today so had to contact euk to find out what was happening - as it happened it was the kernel error and you had it all under control.

I know you can view the server status in cpanel, but if the whole website hosting is down then yu cant get there.

What would be great for me, as i have a number of website hostings with you is for perhaps a quick to view status page accessible from EUK home page that has information like this....

...there may of course already be one in which case ignore me!

Cheers,
    Darren

this does sound like a good idea ! because this has happened many times to us.

and its very very annoying that we have to contact a member of support just to find out why our website hostings not working and when will it be working !!!

the website hosting just comes up with a "page cannot be found " error ! which looks so unprofessional to clients and visitors.

is it not possible to have a message on the website hosting when the server is down ??

maybe that would help tell our clients / visitors something is wrong rather then having a standard error page and no explanation !
    http://www.mediapixel.co.uk - Web and Graphic Design
    Listen to dance music online - leading Internet radio station

Comment

We dont have frequent downtime with server for any reason. Recent downtime had been due to kernel upgrades as we want to keep all our servers on latest kernel version to avoid any security threat. Most of the hosting companies are facing huge security threats from hackers and one company from US recently lost all its 16 shared servers.

We have a monitoring status page for our staff members but giving a list of servers on main page would be open challenge for hackers to start some kind of attack on all servers at a time.
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

i understand, but its a bit worrying when suddenly our website hosting just doesnt work and we dont have an explanation nor email letting us know ... imagine eukhost went offline without your consent and stayed like that for an hour and you didnt know what the deal was !

Comment

Yep.

I can understand how you feel as similar thing happens with us when there's network problem with our ISP and we need to call them to confirm what the problem is, but when something goes wrong with the server or server wont come online with new kernel version then we all get busy with that particular problem and we try to bring the server online immediately.

We keep on sorting the problem and sometimes it takes more than estimated time and customers start coming on livechat / tickets as well as phone and things become difficult for us to put any comment on news section or forum.

If there's any scheduled maintenance then we get sufficient time to post information in the forum as well as news section on main page.

Comment

i understand, i can never get any one on the msn support.. maybe no one logs in when there is a problem, but top respect to those on the support (click chat sold) i have spoke to a few for hours on end, late into the night and i have always been treated well and helped a lot.

Comment

Hello Wayne,

Guys on MSN get overloaded some times and it becomes difficult to help all customers who like MSN support. We are planning to remove MSN support completely and make centralised chat support on our inhouse developed livechat software.

We've scheduled launch of our livechat software at the end of this month and that would be something you would like most

Comment

you mean me personally ? because i do like clever web gadgets !

one thing that throws me with click chat sold is the auto names that are given... i have spoke to about 50 different andrews lol

has this new chat system been developed for just eukhost or is it a modified existing script? just curious.

Comment

I think u should keep msn! That chat thing never loads and never connects!
                  Kind Regards,
                  Matt
                  Cheap Dr Who Toys | Dr Who News

Comment

Yeh, i think you should keep MSN, the number of people who i tell that you have the MSN thing, and theyre all really impressed you do that - maybe keep MSN and the live chat too? Then hopefully you can cut the volume of people talking over MSN, but also have it there just incase livechat doesnt work for some etc

Comment

Working...
                    X