Date and Time Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date and Time Format

Can I ask why the date format on the forum for a 'uk' host is the confusing 'American' format and the time is that old fashioned am/pm thing ?

Your preferred time zone has to be managed from your cp. Following was the message I saw while trying to make some date / time changes in VB :-

If Daylight Savings Time is currently in effect for the above time zone, enable this option so that guests will see the correct times on posts and events. This has no effect on registered users as they control their DST options in the User CP.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply, but actually I never mentioned Time Zones at all. I was commenting on mm-dd-yy hh:mm.
      These options don't seem to be in the cpanel so I assume they are global settings?

Comment

This are the default settings. Do you think it should be changed to something else for the forum ?

Your suggestion and suggestion from other customers would be appreciated.

Comment

Mark,

While I appreciate that a hosting customer base is going to be international - I am assuming that your primary target market is the UK ?
          Here in the UK our standard date format is day-month-year. It is also standard to use the 24 hour clock in any technical environment as it is so much easier to distinguish the difference between morning and afternoon times and also calculate elapsed time.

Comment

Mark,

I noticed the improvement straight away - great response, thanks. I wonder if anyone else will notice?

cheers.

Comment

No problem if others notice or not

If you are happy with it then I'll consider other members are happy as well.

Comment

I guess it'll be noticed by most of us and i must say that it was

indeed a good move. Especially the date format was a bit

confusing as we are used to the format which is applied

now,also the time in 24hrs format looks professional. Good on

you mates at eukhost.

Comment

Working...
                X