Greylisting support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greylisting support

Always on MailEnable there is the support for greylisting, but on my cpanel I didn't see any option to enable it. Am I missing something?

Since it seems every hosting plan has it's own sets of rules/configuration files, why don't you let your users enable greylisting on demand?

Thanks.
    Andrea

Hello Andrea,

Your account is hosted on a Windows Plesk server and spam filters can be configured from Plesk as well we as in MEwebmail. It will not work by just enabling the spam filters but it needs proper configuration.

HERE is the link for complete information on configuring effective spam filters from Plesk.

To configure it in MEwebmail, following are the steps -
    Login your email account in MEwebmail >> at the left pane under "MailEnable - Options" click Filtering >> Add >> here you can add the filter as per your requirement.

Available Filtering Criteria are -
    Message From:
    Message To:
    Message Cc:
    Message To or Cc:
    Attachments:
    Message Subject Contains:
    Message Contains:

add appropriate Filtering Criteria, select Action at bottom (Action can be Delete/Move/Copy/Quarantine message) and hit "Add".

Additional setting is available under "Spam Rules" section using which messages are ranked according to rules defined.

I would suggest you to email us at windows [@] eukhost.com if you face any issues while configuring filters in Plesk.

Gabriel S
    ||
    ||
    MSN: gabriel @ eukhost.com || SKYPE: Gabriel.Sandler

Comment

Hi Gabriel

I don't generally use the filtering on another server (outside eUkHost) where I've my ME Enterprise, but just SPAM option and Bayesian filter that is trained both manually (right click on message and report as spam) and from a catchall SPAM/HAM folder on which daily I run mespamcmd command.

Did you do the same or something like that on the SWINDON server?

Who's in charge of define the X-ME-Bayesian percentage of spam per each message? Do you rely only on domain training made by the users using cpanel?

Because there are a couple of thing that aren't really clear for me. Are you available by phone? I would like to have a small chat with you, 'cause u seem the only one who really know what you saying me about MailEnable and spam filters.

Comment

Hi Andrea,

Our senior admins are not available by phone as phone support is generally used for level 1 issues. You can communicate with Gabriel via 24x7 Live Chat on our website or via our helpdesk located at eUKhost Helpdesk :: Shared Reseller VPS Dedicated Server Hosting Support
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

When's the best time I can reach him on chat?

Comment

You can get in touch with him now, he is available on Live Chat as well as through Helpdesk.
            Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
            Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
            Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I'm leaving now. I think he will be available in about two hours. Otherwise I'll get in touch with him tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks.
              Andrea

Comment

In reference to the opening post, I'm running CPanel on my Linux VPS and was wondering if there was a way to enable greylisting? There doesn't seem to be any option for it that I can see, so I want to check that firstly that I'm not missing it, and also if there is a EUKHost tutorial or set of guidelines for getting it working. I'm getting a lot of spam after moving my email services from my own greylisting-enabled server to the VPS one and I'm looking to fix that.

Comment

Working...
                X