Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managed or Un-managed dedicated server hosting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed or Un-managed dedicated server hosting?

I am considering the hosting services offered by eUKHost as the dedicated server packages impress me a lot. They offer both, managed and un-managed dedicated servers.

What do you think is the better option for me?

Thanks

Hi Shirley

If you have a good knowledge in system administration and managing the hosting activities then you may opt for un-managed dedicated hosting. However it is preferable to opt for managed hosting services as they are secure. You will also get a 24/7 technical support if you opt for the managed dedicated hosting; I am sure this will be a good investment for your businesses. Moreover the uptime of your website will also be guaranteed with managed hosting services.
    Last edited by Veronica; 13-04-2011, 09:04.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My business has just got online. A lot of my business transactions are being done on my website. Although I have made up my mind for dedicated server hosting, I would like to know what are the other plans of hosting that will prove to be the right choice for me if I am using a bandwidth of 400 GB on a Windows operating system....can someone please highlight some information on this?

Comment

If you are looking at a bandwidth usage of 400 GB, then I suggest you to opt for cloud hosting plans. If you are using a Windows operating system, then you can opt for the Hyper-V cloud. This plan will give you a web space of 20 GB and a monthly bandwidth of 500 GB. Moreover a cloud hosting platform will prove to be very efficient if you are looking at the online expansion of your business.

Comment

Sounds good to me!! In case I opt for cloud hosting, what is the number of usable IP's that I will get?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley View Post
            Sounds good to me!! In case I opt for cloud hosting, what is the number of usable IP's that I will get?
            With a Cloud Hosting package, Eukhost offers 2 dedicated IP's. 100% Uptime is the prominent feature that comes with these packages. Hence, this can also be considered to an affordable web hosting package, offering a perfect value for your money.

Comment

well if you are going for Dedicated servers, then i would suggest you Managed Dedicated servers. An unmanaged dedicated server means you are responsible for every aspect of maintaining the server, from installing upgrades and patches and ensuring server uptime.
              And a managed dedicated server, however, means that the host will ensure all the technicalities of keeping servers up-to-date and running smoothly are done. If the server goes down, the hosting company will get it back online for you.

If you are technically savvy with servers, an unmanaged server is likely the right choice. But if you are lacking in technical skills required for the server, but still need the unlimited aspects available with having your site (or sites) on their own dedicated server, a managed server is the right choice.
              Last edited by amk2010; 13-04-2011, 18:55.
              "Quality&Reliability"

Comment

2 Dedicated IPs are offered as standard with our VPSs and Cloud servers but if you need more IPs, you can definitely purchase them by paying the applicable charges and providing a proper reason for the need of additional IPs.

Comment

I also wanted to know about the control panel being offered with the Hyper-V cloud so that my decision is made easier.

Comment

Since you are operating on the Windows operating system, you will get the Plesk control panel with the Hyper-V cloud hosting plan. Plesk is a very efficient control panel that provides with the following benefits:

1. You can customize the look and feel of Plesk according to your preferences
                    2. Plesk protects your website from the hackers, downtime and server crashes
                    3. The administrative interface of your website is protected
                    4. Plesk also contains integrated troubleshooting features that repair the errors automatically

Comment

Adding more to the information about Plesk control panel offered with Cloud Hosting,by Eukhost, you can choose between the following four options :
                      • Plesk for 10 Domains at an additional cost of 3.00 GBP per month
                      • Plesk for 30 Domains at an additional cost of 5.00 GBP per month
                      • Plesk for 100 Domains at an additional cost of 10.00 GBP per month
                      • Plesk for Unlimited Domains at an additional cost of 15.00 GBP per month

Comment

If I need a CPU speed of around 2.5 GHz, a 2 GB RAM and a bandwidth of around 2500 GB monthly, then what would be a good dedicated server hosting plan for me?

Comment

If I need a CPU speed of around 2.5 GHz, a 2 GB RAM and a bandwidth of around 2500 GB monthly, then what would be a good dedicated server hosting plan for me?
                          I believe, the eUK E5200 plan offered by Eukhost seems perfect for your requirements. It would not only offer you a Processor of 250 GHz and 2 GB RAM, but you would also be able to get a monthly bandwidth of 3000 GB.

Comment

You can consider eUK E5200 or eUK E5400 dedicated server for your requirements. 2 GB RAM and 3000 GB Monthly Bandwidth are standard features on these servers while CPU speed of E5200 server is 2.5 GHz and E5400 server is 2.7 GHz.

You can have a look at complete configuration at Dedicated Server Hosting Services in UK only at eUKhost
                            Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                            Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                            Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

I am convinced with hosting on dedicated server. I work on Windows operating system. However I have heard that the Linux operating system is much more efficient. I wanted to know if the efficiency of the hosting activities reduce with a Windows operating system.

Comment

Working...
                              X