Changing email provider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing email provider

I currently have my hosting and emails elsewhere and I am planning to move only emails to you. I'm currently using cpanel and I would like to know the procedure of transferring all the email accounts and the emails please. Thanks in advance

Re: Changing email provider

Originally posted by Lunatic View Post
    I currently have my hosting and emails elsewhere and I am planning to move only emails to you. I'm currently using cpanel and I would like to know the procedure of transferring all the email accounts and the emails please. Thanks in advance
    Hi Lunatic Welcome to Eukhost forums

In regards to transferring the email accounts to us, you can initiate a backup of the entire account from the cPanel control panel & provide us the download link so that we can get the package restored on our servers. Or you can provide us with the control panel login details & we'll get the accounts migrated for you
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Rock. What changes do I need to make at the current provider? I have also got a SSL installed there, would that be transferred along?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatic View Post
        Thanks Rock. What changes do I need to make at the current provider? I have also got a SSL installed there, would that be transferred along?
        You'd need to modify the DNS MX records so that only emails work from our server & the website from the existing server.. The SSL you've mentioned, is it for the site or the email services? If it's for the site, then it doesnt need to be ported over to us..
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

cPanel to cPanel data transfer is an easy process. Your new webhost should assist you with the move. If you are also wish to host the website with the new provider then you need to update the nameservers else for emails you can simply follow the advise of Rock

Comment

If you wish to only run secure emails from the new webhost then you may need to use the hostname of the mailserver of the new webhost.

Comment

Working...
            X