X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Failover

Hi Team,

I wanted your advice on the following:
    I could address the ns1 record to one hosting and ns2 record to a second hosting. This is to prevent that if someone is attacking my site (in 5 years just once happened and I think it was a random attack on joomla sites, it was not directed to me specifically), the site/account could be switched off from one hosting company to other for security reason and I do not loose business.

If you can share it in more details, that would be highly appreciated.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

Re: DNS Failover

Originally posted by Maldwyn View Post
    Hi Team,

I wanted your advice on the following:
    I could address the ns1 record to one hosting and ns2 record to a second hosting. This is to prevent that if someone is attacking my site (in 5 years just once happened and I think it was a random attack on joomla sites, it was not directed to me specifically), the site/account could be switched off from one hosting company to other for security reason and I do not loose business.

If you can share it in more details, that would be highly appreciated.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
    Are you willing to run your website from 2 different servers, ie: 2 different hosting providers?
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Dear Maldwyn,

The method you have thought isn't the right way to have a failover solution. if you have Joomla on your website, then you seem to have some dynamic content, which means if I get connected to the ns1. website and rocks gets connected to ns2. website, then we both will access 2 different databases and transactions we do will be stored in the respective databases.

best option will be to setup your account on www.easydns.com and then point your website at the A records and MX records given by us. if later you want to set your DNS to the secondary location, then you need to simply login in your www.easydns.com account and change the A records and MX records.

if you need any additional information, then please let me know and i will share additional information with you.
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Thank you for the detailed information guys. Will think over it and get it rolling....Thank you once again.

Comment

Working...
        X