Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .UK domain priority.

Hello,

We have a .co.uk domain name and would be interested in getting the .UK version if it too. I believe one has about 5 years time to get the .UK version if they have the co.uk domain name?

However, what happens if someone else has the .org.uk or me.uk version of the same domain of which I have the .co.uk?

Can they get the .UK version before us?

Re: .UK domain priority.

If you have the .co.uk version of the domain name and have registered in before the cut off date (28 October 2013) then you have the right to the .uk domain name and it will be reserved for you.

You can read more about it in detail here: .UK Roll Out – Right of Registration and Reserved .UK Domains
    eUKhost Ltd.: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Build a Website
    Join our Affiliate program for free and earn up to 400 per sale!
    "A DECADE OF EXCELLENT SUPPORT"

Comment

copy paste from the article :-

For .org.uk domains

If you have a .org.uk domain registered before the cut off date and still active, and no equivalent .co.uk was registered before the cut off date, you have the first right to register the matching .uk domain.

For .me.uk domains

If you have a .me.uk domain registered before the cut off date and still active, and no equivalent .co.uk or .org.uk was registered before the cut off date, you have the first right to register the matching .uk domain.
      eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
      Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

So since we have the .co.uk version we have the first right and the domain would be reserved for us till five years.

I need not worry now about registering it right away since there is a buffer.

Comment

Useful piece of information from Nominet at https://econsultancy.com/blog/64053-...for-uk-domains about .uk domains registration policies, why there was a need for five years grace period and about the need to introduce this new TLD in the first place.
          Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X