Tier 4 Data Center!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tier 4 Data Center!

I have been referred by my friend to host a my website with eUKhost, as they are having a tier-4 data center. So I would like to know if it really matter to host a website in a tier-4 data center? what are the advantages of using tier-4 data center?

Thanks

Re: Tier 4 Data Center!

Hello Pixaler,

Yes, choosing Tier 1-4 data center to host your website does matter. As Tier 1 to 4 data center is nothing but a standardized methodology used to define up-time of data center. This is useful for measuring:

a) Data center performance
    b) Investment
    c) ROI (return on investment)

Tier 4 data center considered as most robust and less prone to failures. Tier 4 is designed to host mission critical servers and computer systems, with fully redundant subsystems (cooling, power, network links, storage etc) and compartmentalized security zones controlled by bio-metric access controls methods, etc..

Comment

As per datacenter terminologies and classification, a Tier IV data center is a near complete fault tolerant facility with multiple independent power distribution paths, redundancy components and active distribution paths serving the housed equipments thereby making it least prone to failures.

Whether users really need TIER IV data centers is a question which has been quite debated and the views shared by many of the industry experts are varied as some feel a Tier III + is efficient enough and cost effective too.
      Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
      Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thank you Ryan and Fuzone for informing me about Tier-4 data center, however I would really appreciate if some one could help me differentiate tier 1-4 data centers so that I can choose a suitable datacenter to host my simple website..

Comment

Hello Pixaler,

I have tried to differentiate these tier's of data-centers in a simple way:

Tier 1 = Non-redundant capacity components (single up-link and servers).
          Tier 2 = Tier 1 + Redundant capacity components.
          Tier 3 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Dual-powered equipment's and multiple up-links.
          Tier 4 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Tier 3 + all components are fully fault-tolerant including uplinks, storage, chillers, HVAC systems, servers etc. Everything is dual-powered.

The levels also describes the availability of data from the hardware at a location as follows:

Tier 1: Guaranteeing 99.671% availability.
          Tier 2: Guaranteeing 99.741% availability.
          Tier 3: Guaranteeing 99.982% availability.
          Tier 4: Guaranteeing 99.995% availability.

Comment

IMO, it hardly matter to what datacenter Tier your webhost is using for housing their servers. You should not worry about it if your webhost is available round the clock to serve your issues. All reputed webhost dont compromise when it comes for selecting a datacenter(if they are leasing datacenter space)

Comment

Originally posted by RonSpiffy View Post
              IMO, it hardly matter to what datacenter Tier your webhost is using for housing their servers. You should not worry about it if your webhost is available round the clock to serve your issues. All reputed webhost dont compromise when it comes for selecting a datacenter(if they are leasing datacenter space)
              I don't agree with your opinion mate

Amazon has a Tier I facility in Ireland and we know what kind of outage they experienced twice in last 12 months. they didn't even have backup Generators in their facility. you just can't trust a big brand name like Amazon, you should trust Technology.

imagine what happened with the data of people who didn't bother to maintain backups assuming their data was in the Cloud and when the power outage in Ireland resulted in forced shutdown for the servers hosting their data. many people lost their valuable data.

We all know that any sort of compensation cannot bring your valuable data back.
              eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
              Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by RonSpiffy View Post
                Having an account hosted on a cloud or a standalone server, in either case, one should maintain a copy of their data in some offsite location or locally (just to be safe & wise).. We do have offsite backup plans available, just in case any calamity strikes any of our hosting datacenters, the data will be safe & available to the end user at any point of time.
                Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X