CloudFlare Hosting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CloudFlare Hosting.

Have heard many goodthings about CloudFlare. Just wanted to confirm if eUKhost do provide CloudFlare based hosting services? My website is growing faster and getting popular...thanks to Google and am planning to use CloudFlare to minimise the load on my website for optimum performance.

Re: CloudFlare Hosting.

Originally posted by RonSpiffy View Post
    Have heard many goodthings about CloudFlare. Just wanted to confirm if eUKhost do provide CloudFlare based hosting services? My website is growing faster and getting popular...thanks to Google and am planning to use CloudFlare to minimise the load on my website for optimum performance.
    Yes, we do provide CloudFlare with our hosting services.It's a FREE system that accelerates & secures your website by acting as a proxy between your visitors & our servers. With CloudFlare you can protect your website against malicious visitors, save bandwidth & reduce average page load times.. Do let us know if you require any further information!
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

You can use CloudFlare on an existing server of yours or opt for a completely new server with CloudFlare whichever option suits you the best. Kindly share your complete requirements for us to suggest an appropriate solution.
      Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
      Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Making a website part of the CloudFlare zone, protects and accelerates its online presence and saves its traffic with an intelligent global network. It avoid almost all kinds of threats and abuses to the website that may utilize its resources illegally. It avoids spamming and also enhances its existence in search engines resulting into higher visitors visiting your website. Interestingly, it doesn't require any spacial hardware or software.

Regards,
        Rex Miller
        UK Web Hosting Service Provider since 2001

Comment

Hi,

Cloudflare is really good to improve your website performance. You just need to create an account on cloud flare and point and change name servers to get the improved version of your website.

Comment

If you are planning to use CloudFlare free plan, then go ahead, everybody like the word “Free”, but if you are considering CloudFlare’s premium packages, then check whether you really need CDN services or not, as CDN is not the cure for all the things. If the site visitors are from different geographical locations, you can improve the response times, specifically for static resources of your site.

As you are concerned about load times, then understand CDN is not going fix everything itself. So you better try to optimize your website files and then analyze how they are being worked.

Consider the following options:

• Remove unnecessary images
            • Reduce the size of images which are larger than they need to be
            • Optimize all images
            • Static objects of your website should be served with caching headers, use cachebusters for those files which updated quite often, for ex. CSS and JS
            • Make sure you move script tags to the bottom of each page
            • Minify CSS and JS files
            • Static objects should be served by your web server, not by the application server

If you have already done these things, but still static resources on the website taking too much time to load and deleting and optimizing more files isn’t an option, then maybe CDN will be the right option.

Comment

Sounds interesting and I am very tempted to use it on our server. I am wondering what happens if we decide to discontinue it. Does the server needs a reinstall then?

Comment

You can simply turn CloudFlare off if you decide not to use it. There is absolutely no hardware changes required nor will the server need a reinstall.

Sales: 0800 862 0380 || Skype: jenniferkent_uk

Comment

Yes, there is no need to reinstall the server, once you deactivate CloudFlare service your nameservers no longer point to CloudFlare and return to the previous settings.

In case you singed up with CloudFlare directly, then following steps need to be done to deactivate the service:
                  • You need change your nameservers as per the previous one
                  • You also need to wait until the nameservers change back to your previous one
                  • Remove the domain from “My Websites” – you will find out this option in the settings menu
                  • Go to the account link
                  • Turn OFF communication to stop receiving notification from CloudFlare
                  • If you’ve signed up with a paid plan, then remove your credit card information
                  • That’s it

Comment

Thanks guys for building my confidence in using Cloudflare services. I will take my decision very soon.
                    Originally posted by Irene9001 View Post
                    • If you’ve signed up with a paid plan, then remove your credit card information
                    I will certainly take care to remove the detials as soon as close the account. Thanks for reminding

Comment

Thanks guys for building my confidence in using Cloudflare services. I will take my decision very soon.

I will certainly take care to remove the detials as soon as close the account. Thanks for reminding
                      My pleasure, I always think it’s important to provide a bit of small information as well when a person literally don’t know what exactly he/she is buying or willing to buy.

Btw, you should also do some research on Google hosted libraries, which is also a CDN for most of the famous open-source JavaScript libraries.

Comment

There is absolutely no hardware changes required nor will the server need a reinstall.
                        -

Comment

Working...
                        X