X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily VPS to EUKHost recomendation

Hi guys

Ok i'm currently on the pro package on the dailydomains vps

Im currently experiencing downtime during the early hours in the morning on a daily basis, And i believe it is effecting my seo to what could be currently better if i wasn't having so much downtime and slow server response.

I have 6 websites all of them use wordpress and my main website uses xenforo forum.

So i am asking what is the best package to take with this host that would ensure a a constant uptime and no more slow server response? while keeping the cost reasonable.

Cheers
    Gaz

Re: Daily VPS to EUKHost recomendation

Hi Gaz,

Welcome to eUK community

There could be several reasons for this daily downtime however without divulging too much into those details, we can indeed offer you a suitable solution to address this.

Since you are currently using a virtual server, I would recommend one of our Linux VPS or VMware Cloud to choose from. We have recently revamped both of these service offerings and bumped up the resources allocation on each of these plans without any increase in costs. The hardware on which these are setup is brand new and high specification which eliminates all concerns related to performance and makes these services value for money.

Besides this, our services are managed so any concern related to uptime or issues you may come across, our 24/7 customer support team is available to address/resolve them at all times.

We do not over load our servers which has helped us achieve near 100% uptime on most of our virtual servers node in the last year. cPanel/WHM control panel (optional) with these servers will help you host multiple websites and manage them efficiently. Our migration team will also help you with the free migration of the 6 Wordpress sites you mentioned about once the new server is setup.

Kindly have a look at Linux VPS plans at https://www.eukhost.com/vps-hosting/linux.php and VMware Cloud specs at https://www.eukhost.com/cloud-hosting/vmware.php

Any questions, please feel free to post here or initiate a new Live Chat with Sales Team from our website.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi ryan

Thank you for getting back to me. Those links do look very interesting. Could i ask what would be needed for the server migration, i am assuming i would need to contact you guys over email with details. But i'm looking to minimise downtime to what currently i have had over the last few months and today.

Cheers
      Gaz

Comment

Hi Gaz,

Thank for your response. As far as migration is concerned, you will need to raise a ticket with our technical team through your Client Area after the new server is setup with us, providing your existing server and control panel logins in it. This migration can also be a scheduled migration if you prefer doing it during off peak hours or during weekends in order to minimize the impact of switching over.

I assume you are using cPanel/WHM control panel currently, if that is indeed the case, then choosing cPanel/WHM control panel will make the migration seamless and also ensure downtime (if any) is restricted to only the duration of nameservers change and propagation.

Please feel free to post if you have any further queries or concerns.
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!

Comment

Hi ryan

I currently use plesk/smb panal. (Hope this isn't an issue.) I have used cPanel/WHM control panel before.

Could i also ask The difference between the vps set-ups and the cloud hosting, (What would be more beneficial in terms of performance for scripts, like WordPress and xenforo and trying to keep a real uptime.)

As alot of people say go for cloud as they are better then vps. I'm just looking to cover everything before i decide to buy.

Comment

Migrating from Plesk Small Business panel to Plesk on another server is definitely not an issue and the process of migration from plesk to plesk would be the same as I described earlier.

We have recently introduced Plesk version 12 options on all our servers and for Wordpress support, Plesk 12 Web Pro edition is the one I would recommend you to choose.

As far as the difference between VPS setups and Cloud Hosting is concerned, its the architecture and virtualisation platforms which are major differences. While VPSs are setup on nodes which are standalone servers on which each VPS remains isolated from others and acts as a standalone server, Cloud Hosting on the other hand is an environment involving multiple servers in a cluster to provide redundancy against hardware failure.

Our VMware Cloud environment is a large cluster of VMware ESXi servers, all managed by a product called vCenter.

vCenter monitors the health of all the ESXi hosts. Your VM exists on one of these ESXi hosts but any of the ESXi hosts are capable of running your VM. If vCenter detects an issue with any of the ESXi hosts, your VM is seamlessly moved from the server with the issue to one without. From your VM’s perspective, there has been no change at all. Your VM will just continue to run as normal.

Having said that, this doesn't imply that VPSs do not offer the required levels of uptime or performance. Our VPSs are extremely reliable too and it boils down to individual requirements when it comes to selection on one of these two.

Comment

Working...
            X