Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI v03

Hello,

I am planning to go for a new server for one of my clients but before going ahead would like to know if you support PCI 03, I see on your website you do support PCI 02

Re: PCI v03

Originally posted by Colin-B View Post
    Hello,

I am planning to go for a new server for one of my clients but before going ahead would like to know if you support PCI 03, I see on your website you do support PCI 02
    We're working on getting the PCI compliance updated to the latest!
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hello,

May I ask what are the basic differences between both the versions of PCI? Is it also possible to upgrade the PCI version in between the from PCI 2 to PCI 3. Without any major downtime?

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Originally posted by Maldwyn View Post
        Hello,

May I ask what are the basic differences between both the versions of PCI? Is it also possible to upgrade the PCI version in between the from PCI 2 to PCI 3. Without any major downtime?

Thanks in advance..
        PCI isn't a software or an upgradeable patch, of which the latest can be installed & the server rebooted, causing downtime to the services. It's (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)) a proprietary information security standard for organizations that handle branded credit cards from the major card schemes including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, & JCB. Private label cards. Upgrading from version 2 to 3 would require several new tests to be conducted & standards to be set depending on the recent studies done on security levels.
        Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

That is something new to know.

So we would need to get the current server PCI scanned, for the required security measures/levels. And report is to be submitted to you, so that you can setup the server with new standard.

Would it be costing me the PCI cost to be paid again to you? Or is there any cost I need to pay to get the scan/tests done?

Thanks in advance..

Comment

Working...
          X