Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Email Server

Dear Team,

I already have a Windows VPS with Plesk and I wish to install Exchange on the same VPS. What would be the precautions I should be taking?

Will it be possible with same VPS or a new server is to be considered?

Some suggestions would be welcomed....

Thank you

Re: Exchange Email Server

Hello Tristan,

I would like to inform you that the setup up an Exchange services on VPS is not possible as Exchange services requires a physical server with huge and dedicated resources to run the services properly. The best option suggested to you is to take a look at our varied range of high performing Dedicated Physical Server and consider one of the best suitable to your requirements just make sure you will need minimum 8GB of RAM for avoiding inconvenience in the Exchange services.

Kindly confirm the dedicated server you wish to consider update me on [email protected] so that I will be able to help you with the server quotation best suitable to your requirements.

Best Regards,
    Rossi

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan_C View Post
      I already have a Windows VPS with Plesk and I wish to install Exchange on the same VPS. What would be the precautions I should be taking?

Will it be possible with same VPS or a new server is to be considered?

Some suggestions would be welcomed....
      Hi Tristan,

Thank you for writing in.

Yes, Ross is correct! It is not possible to provide Exchange Services on a VPS. It would be great if you could help us with the number of mailboxes you wish to create and the size of each mailbox. Also let us know your budget for this requirement. This will help us recommend you the best suitable solution.

I would like to inform you that, there are a couple of solution we can consider. We can either opt for Zimbra email solution offered by us or you can also consider the SmarterBundle Pro. All our Windows VPS packages come with SmarterBundle Pro, a leading suite of business tools for e-mail and communications, helpdesk management & website analytics. These tools, offered free with every Windows VPS at a 450 value, are perfect for small to medium businesses for complete e-mail, instant messaging, file sharing, analytics & customer helpdesk management.

You can directly contact our technical support department and get it installed on your VPS, as a part of our fully managed services, our technical support team will install it for you at no additional cost.

Please let us know if you need any further information in this regards. We would be glad to assist.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
      Albie Stevens

Comment

Dear Ross,

Thank you for the information.

But I was more keen to know if there are any technical limitation to let this happen with the same VPS where I am hosting my websites with Plesk. I just wanted to check a free version for a week and later I can sure consider a Dedicated Server.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Tristan,

I agree to what Ross has mentioned. You will need to consider a dedicated server to setup up Exchange services. Since you are willing to use Exchange on your VPS for emails, I would recommend you to consider SmarterBundle Pro for the same. SmarterBundle Pro is a leading suite of business tools for e-mail and communications, helpdesk management & website analytics. These tools are offered free of cost with every Windows VPS at a 450 value

feel free to write in case of any queries.

Regards,
          Fred Adkins

Comment

To be more specific, the SmarterBundle package includes Exchange-level email server software and instant messaging with SmarterMail, site tuning analytics and complete set of search engine optimization tools with SmarterStats, and a powerful helpdesk built for tracking, managing, and reporting on customer service and communication with SmarterTrack.

The inclusions are as follows :-

SmarterMail 11.x Pro - 250 users License
            SmarterStats 8.x Pro - 50 Sites
            SmarterTrack 9.x Pro - 2 Agents

Comment

Working...
            X