Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Selection

Hello

A client of mine wish to opt for a dedicated server. Wherein the Server will be used for some small Websites, Music Streaming Websites and some applications.

Server requirement as follow:
    8 to 16 GB RAM
    500 GB HDD or Maximum of 1 TB HDD

Which of the following CPU would be a good choice:
    1. Atom Series
    2. Xeon Series
    3. AMD Opteron
    4. AMD FX
    5. Intel Core Series

Thanks & Regards

Re: CPU Selection

You may go ahead with Xeon or Intel core series, both are good performers.

Comment

Hello Calvin,

I would recommend you to consider the Xeon Series or the Intel Core Series as these are recommended for optimum utilization of resources and offer superior performance. As per my knowledge the AMD Opteron and AMD FX are best recommended for gaming websites. Whereas the Atom Series stands to be a kind of out dated series as compared to others. Looking at your requirement, you may consider our fully managed eUK Intel® Xeon® E3-1230 v3 (SATA) dedicated server offering you the desired resources at an affordable cost. Our technical support team will take care of the server setup process for you as a part of our fully managed services.

You may refer to the following link for more details. https://www.eukhost.com/dedicated-servers/

feel free to write in case of any queries.

Regards,
      Fred Adkins

Comment

Though Intel and Xeons offers equal performance, you can consider Xeon for reliability and ability to handle load.

Comment

Working...
        X