Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS management

Dear All,

I have a number of domains that are spread across more than one registrar and some are using the registrar's DNS servers or a third party.

Over the past months there have now been a number of times that one of the registrars is under an attack on their DNS servers and of course my sites registered with them go down.

I have been debating using a third party Anycast provider such as DNS Made Easy, Dyn, or AWS. Most of these domains do not get a large number of lookups or traffic but I need something reliable as I don't need clients yelling at me to only find out that it is a DNS issue.

So with that said I do not need or want to spend too much on a provider who charges hundreds per domain as I have about 35 domains right now. Anyone want to share their experiences or recommendations?

Thank you..!!

Re: DNS management

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
    Dear All,

I have a number of domains that are spread across more than one registrar and some are using the registrar's DNS servers or a third party.

Over the past months there have now been a number of times that one of the registrars is under an attack on their DNS servers and of course my sites registered with them go down.

I have been debating using a third party Anycast provider such as DNS Made Easy, Dyn, or AWS. Most of these domains do not get a large number of lookups or traffic but I need something reliable as I don't need clients yelling at me to only find out that it is a DNS issue.

So with that said I do not need or want to spend too much on a provider who charges hundreds per domain as I have about 35 domains right now. Anyone want to share their experiences or recommendations?

Thank you..!!
    Hi Jesse,

What we can do in this case is, provide you with a Linux cPanel VM, which will DNS server installed on it & you can manage the DNS records for all your domains from the web based cPanel control panel itself. We can setup proper security against all such DNS related attacks which lead into downtime of name resolution services. We'll be glad to set this up for you!
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hello Rock,

As I understand. I am suppose to opt for a Linux VPS package with cPanel /WHM control panel and manage my domains using cPanel, right? This will offer me good management regarding domains. But if my domain is hosted with some registrar and that registrar goes down, will my domain would still be resolving without any issues?

Also there would be no cost involved for DNS management per domain, I would only be paying for Linux VPS with cPanel control panel, right?

Sorry for questions

Comment

Hello Jesse,

You can certainly choose the VPS solution based on your specs requirement. Please refer to the following link to choose the package that suits your requirement : https://www.eukhost.com/vps-hosting/linux.php

Everything will work fine while your registrar is down except that you probably won't be able to make changes to your domain's delegation or WHOIS data.

DNS management will be done at no additional cost. You will only have to pay for hosting package and cPanel as addon

Comment

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for your detailed response

Domain delegation or WHOIS data would not be an issue as I am already using Id protect for my .com domains

Thanks again, will get this done as soon as possible..... (Y)

Comment

Working...
          X