Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websites with Malware

Hi,

My hosting company say, I have 258 malware files. I have received a list in txt file. I have been recommend Site Lock to prevent this.

Also do I have to delete files one by one. This is the 2nd time this has happened.

If I exported these 4 WordPress webistes and pointed dns to another host? Would the malware come with me?

Is there an easy way of removing the malicious files. They don't look malicious... but of course they are :P

Any help is appreciated..

Re: Websites with Malware

Hello Maldwyn,

You need to get your website scanned using any of the malware tools available for free.
    Once done backup everything and put that backup somewhere safe. This is in case you have problems later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Maldwyn View Post
      Hi,

My hosting company say, I have 258 malware files. I have received a list in txt file. I have been recommend Site Lock to prevent this.

Also do I have to delete files one by one. This is the 2nd time this has happened.

If I exported these 4 WordPress webistes and pointed dns to another host? Would the malware come with me?

Is there an easy way of removing the malicious files. They don't look malicious... but of course they are :P

Any help is appreciated..
      You can try our MTVScan site scan for scanning your websites in real time & for a potential removal assistance as well
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thank you for the reply Colin and Rock

I would like to know if using MTV Scan would I be able to prevent the Malware or it would be scanned on a particlular schedule and once the malware is detected. We can delete them, right?

Also the cost given on your website : https://www.eukhost.com/website-scanning.php#tab3
        This is per domain right and would I be able to change the domain name in between the billing cycle?

Thanks

Comment

MTVScan Features : https://www.eukhost.com/website-scanning.php#tab2

The cost would be per domain and you can choose the schedule as desired : https://www.eukhost.com/website-scanning.php#tab3

You will need to place new order for new domain and cancel the service for one which doe snot need MTVScan. It will not be possible to change domain name in between the billing cycle.

Comment

Thank you for the links Stuart..

Sorry I am not able to understand your line "You will need to place new order for new domain and cancel the service for one which doe snot need MTVScan." Could you please explain what exactly you mean by this?

As I understand I would be having a choice of the domain name to be selected for the scan and which not to from all the domains hosted. What if I have a domain name already registered and working?

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
            X