Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .de domain

Hi there,

I want to create a German language site for German customers with a ".de" extension. Is this possible / legal as I'm really in the UK?

Awaiting reply.

Re: .de domain

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

You must have a presence in Germany in order to register a .de domain name due to registration rules set by Denic, the registry that manages the .de extension. As such, the Administrative Contact for any .de domain name must be an address in Germany.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to respond.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Comment

Hi Isonette,

Adding to what Ben has replied, below provided is some more information to help you understand it better.

Usually the .de domain registration attempt fails due to the following two reasons:

1. The Administrative contact for the domain should have a German address.

If the admin contact you have specified for registering a .de domain does not have a German address, then DENIC, the registry that manages the .de domains, would reject your request. A solution can be to offer a valid German address during the preregistration stage.

2. Invalid Nameservers

.de domains have different regulations regarding nameservers.

DENIC have a DNS tool from where you can check if the DNS you'd like to use will be accepted for updates, or registration. You can follow the following link to check DNS :nast: Home: www.denic.de

It is mandatory that you have a minimum of two DNS's, and both should not be located in same C class IP. You can follow the below examples :

Valid:
      ns1.eUKexample.com 203.118.0.1
      ns2.eUKexample.com 203.118.5.1

Invalid:
      ns1.eUKexample.com 203.118.0.1
      ns2.eUKexample.com 203.118.0.2

Hope the above information helps. Let us know if you have any further queries in this regards.

Regards,
      Albie Stevens

Comment

Hi Mate,

Thank you for the detailed information, stiff luck for now. Will soon need to get on my toes and search for a pal in Germany.

It would be great if you could help me with the domain registration cost.

Thank you once again,
        Isonette

Comment

Originally posted by Isonette View Post
          Hi Mate,

Thank you for the detailed information, stiff luck for now. Will soon need to get on my toes and search for a pal in Germany.

It would be great if you could help me with the domain registration cost.

Thank you once again,
          Isonette
          Hi Isonette,

Thank you for writing in.

The .de domain registration will cost you 18.00/yr. You may get in touch with our billing department once you are ready to register the desired domain.

We would be glad to assist.

Regards,
          Albie Stevens

Comment

Hi Albie,

Thank you for the information. Will get to you once I am ready to place the order.

Regards,
            Isonette

Comment

Hi Isonette

We will await your response

Suzanne Jones.

Comment

Working...
              X