Domain renewals Reminders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain renewals Reminders

Didn't get a reminder, then you guys shut off my domain with no warning.

Did you check your spam box? My webhost used to throw their emails into my spam folder.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
      Did you check your spam box? My webhost used to throw their emails into my spam folder.
      same with mine.

Comment

nospam

didn't have spam box on.
        was confusing y i didn't get anything

Comment

I had exactly the same problem earlier this year, which caused great inconvenience to people using the email forwarders. I do check my !AntiSpam logs and would not normally have deleted anything from eUKhost unless it was sent as text/html (i.e. no plain text part).

Comment

targetdesign,

We send renewal notification before 1 month of expiration of your domain name. If you dont respond in 15 days then we suspend your website hosting as we dont wait till the expiration date. Once the domain expires then there is a chance that you may loose it and renewal cost for domains in redemptionperiod in more than £100.

We suspend your account so that you realise that your website hosting has gone down and you get in touch with our helpdesk as soon as possible. We dont want any of our customers to pay £100 for renewal of domain as that amount goes in other hands and our reputation is spoiled.

Regards,
            Mark,
            http://eukhost.com
            eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
            Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

I didn't receive any notification or subsequent reminder. I keep all my incoming mail and even if I had deleted it it would still be on the !AntiSpam log. There was no subsequent reminder and the domain just got summarily suspended.

Email messages sometimes do get lost so it would be much better if you sent a reminder say two weeks before expiry.

Comment

We send 3 different reminders which come from the domain system / billing system and third one is manual. If you dont get any of this and your website hosting gets suspended then you should have no bad feeling to contact us as the only purpose behind suspending your website hosting is to let you renew your domain name in time as the renewal costs for domains in redemptionperiod is very high and we dont want anyone to pay such big amount for any reason.

Comment

The domain in question is registered with Joker.com. I had requested eUKhost to transfer it in but this was what you suggested following the problems with the previous hosts. This may be why you didn't send any reminders. My contact details on cPanel are correct.

Comment

I had the same issue, no reminder or anything. A Eukhost support person actually admitted it was a billing issue..... but that was it. Eukhost still wanted 125 quid for me to renew my 9.99 domain. The Eukhost person then went silent.....

Welcome to Live Chat Support.
                    This is Andrew
                    Andrew: Hello and Welcome to Live Chat
                    Andrew: How may I assist you?
                    Paul Robetrs: Hi Andrew
                    Andrew: Hello
                    Paul Robetrs: There seems to be a problem with www. *****.org
                    Paul Robetrs: The DNS isn't registered
                    Andrew: Okay]
                    Andrew: let me check
                    Paul Robetrs: I went in via my reseller account the details looked okay. I saved them anyway on the hope that it may re-register them. I know it takes a while for the worlds DNS to replicate but hopefully you can check your local DNS.
                    Paul Robetrs: Thanks
                    Andrew: It seems that there is no such domain in your account
                    Andrew: There is "****.co.uk" instead of "****.co.uk"
                    Andrew: *****.org
                    Paul Robetrs: Well I can see both in my list of accounts
                    Paul Robetrs: Log in as me. www. ****/whm
                    Paul Robetrs: userid ****
                    Paul Robetrs: password ****
                    Paul Robetrs: Then List Acconts
                    Paul Robetrs: *accounts
                    Andrew: ok checking
                    Andrew: It seems that domain "****.org"
                    Andrew: have been expired on 6th May,2006
                    Paul Robetrs: Hmmm
                    Andrew: And now for its reactivation it will take 125 GBP
                    Paul Robetrs: Okay, I'm trying to workd this out from my online billing. I can't even see it listed
                    Andrew: It have been expired now
                    Andrew: So you will need to pay 125 GBP for it
                    Paul Robetrs: I didn't get sent any form of reminder or any notification that it was to expire ?
                    Andrew: Bcoz it was not added in our billing
                    Paul Robetrs: Okay, so what does that mean exactly?
                    Andrew: As it was not in billing hence invoice was not generated
                    Paul Robetrs: Why wasn't it in billing? I'm trying to establish where the fault is
                    Andrew: I really dont know that why it was not in billing
                    Paul Robetrs: Okay, can you detail what the 125 cost is for then please?
                    Andrew: Yes your domain expired on 6th May,06
                    Andrew: and its more than 45 days now
                    Andrew: So the domain is under redemption period
                    Paul Robetrs: Yes but it doesn't cost 125 to renew a domain, I also wasn't notified or given an option to renew which only seems to indicate a problem caused by Eukhost.
                    Andrew: Its true but if the domain goes under redemption period then Enom takes 125 GBP
                    Paul Robetrs: So I pay for the error?
                    Andrew: You may pay or else you have option for swapping the domain
                    Paul Robetrs: I didn't know the domain was going to expire because EUKHOST didn't contact me or bill me for renewal. EUKHOST made a mistake and should cover the costs for it. I should only have to pay the normal fee for domain renewal and not the penalty fee caused by EUKHOST's mistakes.

Comment

ENOM has a rule of pushing domains in redemption period once they complete 30 days of expiration. I am not sure why you didnt notice this for 1 month after your domain name expired as your website hosting stops working immediately after the domain name expires.

you will need to provide your domain name to our support team if you expect us to provide some answers for your questions but the domain name seems to be of low priority for you as you didnt check your website hosting for close to 2 months after it had expired.

Please open a ticket for our billing department so that we can get back to you with the reason for not having the domain name in billing system.

Comment

I am not sure why you didnt notice this for 1 month after your domain name expired as your website hosting stops working immediately after the domain name expires.
                        I don't visit the website hosting everyday, the website hosting was mainly storing pictures that I wasn't in a position to update for a while.

you will need to provide your domain name to our support team if you expect us to provide some answers for your questions but the domain name seems to be of low priority for you as you didnt check your website hosting for close to 2 months after it had expired.
                        I don't expect any answers as I won't be hosting this particular domain on Eukhost servers anymore.

Basically Eukhost screwed up some how in the billing department and because of this I didn't get a notification. The first two lines of your reply are trying to suggest that I'm at fault here when that is not the case. If I buy a domain with even 1GB of diskspace and don't do anything with it in 12 months then that's my business. You are not in a position to ask why I didn't notice it expired nor are you in a position to question what prioirty I feel this domain is to me.

I pay my fee and you provide the service but something with this particular domain went wrong.

I'm very disappointed that the support desk,(online), couldn't come up with an answer and ignored me and even more disappointed with your above comments. If Eukhost admitted they made a mistake I wouldn't have an issue.

Comment

ban-img
                        Working...
                        X