Could someone help please???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone help please???

My site is hosted by Luton, webman on holiday, site faulting up: To be more specific in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction, when i am updating an order to dispatched - oh I have a zen cart, its bringing up a fault that says: Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function. Please check Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Transport. have checked this and all it says is PHP - I can live with this fault as it stands for a feew more weeks BUT

And now I have another fault when I try to update product quantity - this one says: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /removed a bit from here/product.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If anyone can tell me who i need to speak to or anyone can help at all I really would be grateful because my little business will fail badly if i can't get this one sorted. As you can tell i have never dealt with issues before and don't have any technical ability at all.

Thank you

Originally posted by iamhardwork View Post
    oh I have a zen cart, its bringing up a fault that says: Email Error: Could not instantiate mail function. Please check Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Email Transport.
    The mail() function has been disabled on the server because of frequent blacklisting issues.
    You have to enable SMTPAUTH in the Zencart's configuration setting. You can refer the following thread to implement this and get your emails working again.

Zen Cart Admin Sitemap - Where in the admin is it? - E-Mail Options

And now I have another fault when I try to update product quantity - this one says: An appropriate representation of the requested resource /removed a bit from here/product.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Could you please provide us the exact URL link, administration area details and the instruction to update product quantity so that we can check the issue further ?
    You can contact us on live chat support or put an email to support[@]eukhost.com with the mentioned details.

We will look into it and update you ASAP.

Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Regards,
    Kieran A.
    Cloud Administrator

Comment

Hello Kieran - THANK YOU!!!!!!

I will read the information that you have given me regarding the email and make sure that I understand it which I doubt i will but will give it a go............

Are you asking me to send you passwords to enter my admin/cpanel??? Also what do you mean "instruction to update product quantity"? I am unable to make any changes at all to products so can't change description, alter stock levels or add images. I will email tomorrow - I am worn out now, been sat here refreshing for the last 2 hours

Thank you again for taking time to reply!

Anne

Comment

Hello Kieran,

I have now emailed all of the details to the email address that you gave me.

Many thanks
        Anne

Comment

Hello Kieran - bursts into tears - I have followed the link you sent and made the changes to email options that I can understand and it won't work.

Also I emailed as you said to and have been sent an email, followed link and it asks me to log in - I can't do this because I don't have log in details and at that stage, I well, burst into tears.

Its too difficult, think I will close site and wait toll webman gets back from holiday.

Thank you for trying to help.

Anne

Comment

Hi Anne.

I have replied your ticket. Please check it once.
            Awaiting your reply
            Regards,
            Kieran A.
            Cloud Administrator

Comment

Hello Kieran,

I replied about 10 minutes ago - I hope it is all ok and the information is what you needed.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Anne.

You are welcome

Yes, I got all the details.
                I will investigate the issue further and update you soon.
                Regards,
                Kieran A.
                Cloud Administrator

Comment

Hi Anne.

Both the issues have been sorted now. Please check the ticket for detailed explanation.
                  Regards,
                  Kieran A.
                  Cloud Administrator

Comment

Morning Kieran,

Thank you - I have just mailed you - I am unable to get to the ticket area because I don't have log in details and I couldn't find where to register on the website - I know that my webman will have his own log in details but I have never had to come begging for help before - I am shocked that I actually got this far

Kieran, thank you so much for all of your help and your patience with me and for getting things sorted so quickly.

Kiearan @

Thank you again

Anne x

Comment

Morning Kieran,

Thank you - I have just mailed you - I am unable to get to the ticket area because I don't have log in details and I couldn't find where to register on the website - I know that my webman will have his own log in details but I have never had to come begging for help before - I am shocked that I actually got this far

Kieran, thank you so much for all of your help and your patience with me and for getting things sorted so quickly.

Kiearan @

Thank you again

Anne x
                      Hi Anne,

Thank you very much for appreciating Kieran's work

You can register for an account from here : https://support.eukhost.com/

Once done, you'd be able to submit new tickets & see them by logging in through the same link .. Also, if you've any ticket ID for reference now (if you email support, you receive an auto-response which contains the ticket ID), I can have the user details reset for you.. if you want me to
                      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thank you Rock, I haven't had chance to look at that yet, have been so busy trying to catch up with work but I will make sure that I register and look at what I need to look at.

And yes I really have appreciated Kieran's help and support, I will try not to have to ask for help again - just wish that I had all of your capabilities with technical knowledge, sadly I am very blonde when it comes to well most things really but i do try - I am hard work

Comment

Well done Kieran . Glad you've managed to get everything sorted Anne .
                          David Smith
                          Managing Director
                          DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                          - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

I'm getting the same

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /shop/admin/product.php could not be found on this server.

Error as mentioned above, can someone tell me how to fix this asap! Thanks
                            Bex

Comment

I just spoke to someone on Live chat about this issue.

The only resolution seems to be disabling certain pattern rules for certain files.
                              I'm not particularly happy with this and am looking into other solutions.

It would of course have been more helpful if we had known about these changes in advance. (I agree the changes should have been made, its very helpful, but does have consequences.)

Comment

Working...
                              X