Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shall I do with my new dedicated server ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What shall I do with my new dedicated server ?

    I am looking to buy a dedicated web server specification similar to Dual Core Intel Atom D525 Dedicated Server. I own several technology and health related blogs, however, I would like to know a few suggestions on what shall I do with the dedicated server ?

    I hate warez and torrents so, please avoid suggesting such things. Since, I don't get much time so I can't even use it for reselling. Things that could save much time and helps me to generate more revenue. Guys please help...

  • #2
    Well, there are many things you can do with a dedicated server, but as you have mentioned that you don't get much time to spend on it then you can become a download mirror for open source software's. Secondly, you can start a new entertainment site offering free pictures, jokes and videos. Finding new funny, bizarre pictures and videos hardly takes 2 hours to find and upload.

    Comment


    • #3
      You can start a new entertainment site offering free pictures, jokes and videos. Finding new funny, bizarre pictures and videos hardly takes 2 hours to find and upload.
      While doing so, make sure that the images, videos and other stuffs aren't copyrighted. :wink:

      Comment


      • #4
        Instead of looking forward to launch a new project, I would suggest you to develop your existing sites. As you will have administrator access over your server, you can download and install some applications on the websites which could be helpful to get more traffic on your websites.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MattBarthorp View Post
          While doing so, make sure that the images, videos and other stuffs aren't copyrighted. :wink:
          Good addition to the post there Matt! .

          Originally posted by Catherine View Post
          Instead of looking forward to launch a new project, I would suggest you to develop your existing sites. As you will have administrator access over your server, you can download and install some applications on the websites which could be helpful to get more traffic on your websites.
          Hi Catherine, I've also got extra space and resources available on my server. Are their any specific software applications that you recommend can boost traffic? Or any other good popular applications that draw new visitors in?
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

          - Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
          - New Site (10/2009)

          Comment


          • #6
            [QUOTE=DPS Computing;89926]Good addition to the post there Matt! .

            You are Welcome DPS :smile:

            Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
            Hi Catherine, I've also got extra space and resources available on my server. Are their any specific software applications that you recommend can boost traffic? Or any other good popular applications that draw new visitors in?
            Inorder to boost traffic to your website, you can add various social network buttons such as Twitter, Facebook and even Google + to your web pages. This would help your visitors to easily share the links within their network, hence benefiting your site with getting better exposure.

            Comment


            • #7
              [QUOTE=MattBarthorp;89983]
              Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post
              Good addition to the post there Matt! .

              You are Welcome DPS :smile:



              Inorder to boost traffic to your website, you can add various social network buttons such as Twitter, Facebook and even Google + to your web pages. This would help your visitors to easily share the links within their network, hence benefiting your site with getting better exposure.
              Thanks for your help Matt . I've recently readded the social network links to each of my posts to help with this. I didn't think about Google+ though - I'll start investigating this one now.

              Thank you .
              David Smith
              Managing Director
              DPS Computing Limited

              - Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
              - New Site (10/2009)

              Comment


              • #8
                You are Welcome Mate !!

                Cheers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DPS Computing View Post

                  Thanks for your help Matt . I've recently readded the social network links to each of my posts to help with this. I didn't think about Google+ though - I'll start investigating this one now.

                  Thank you .
                  You didn't think about Google+!!! I'm dismayed!!!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X