Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Hosting with Word Press

HI Admins,

I have a windows Reseller on which i hosted a domain and used WP CMS. The WP files are in the path [rootfolder]/httpdocs/wordpress

Now,i was able to see the Resellers page when i gave as xyz .com and i was able to see the wordpress page when i gave as www. xyz.com/wordpress

So the support persons over there placed a index.php file in the httpdocs folder which will redirect the www. xyz.com to www. xyz.com/wordpress

Now the problems iam facing are
    1.My SEO/ Advertising works done are for the site www. xyz.com and not www. xyz.com/wordpress. Though its a 301 redirect i would like my user to see just the domain name www. xyz.com

2.All the post's URL are like www. xyz.com/wordpress/helpme-please.html, but i would like to see it as www. xyz.com/helpme-please.html

The Reseller guys over there said that there is no rewrite mode on windows server at all, it's possible on Linux servers only where apache mod_rewrite module is

installed and you can rewrite URL as you wish using .htaccess file. So do you guys have a work around for this problem ?

Hi,

You can make the use of ISAPI_Rewrite, which is a powerful URL manipulation engine based on regular expressions. It acts mostly like Apache's mod_Rewrite, but is designed specifically for Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS). ISAPI_Rewrite gives you the freedom to go beyond the standard URL schemes and develop your own scheme. It's installed on all of our shared/reseller hosting servers, hence you'd just need to create your rules (based on this app). Please refer to this link for more information : Helicon Tech - IIS modules and ISAPI filters for URL rewriting and search engine optimization
    Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X