Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirroring Email accounts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mirroring Email accounts

    I've just set up an add-on (mirrored) domain and I wanted to know if there was anyway to also mirror all the email accounts and forwarders - perhaps using MX entries?

    Here's the detail: I have maft.co as an addon domain for maft.co.uk. The plan, eventually, is to use .co as the main domain and .co.uk as a 'legacy' so to speak. I have 5 mail accounts and about 25 forwarders for the .co.uk emails. The web stuff works fine eg .co/musings mirrors .co.uk/musings. Now I want the same for emails without having to set up 2 forwarders each time!

    Is there a way this can be done? I don't want a wildcard/catchall for the .co domain, I want mirrored accounts/forwarders. Eg if [email protected] does not exist then I want [email protected] to also fail. But if [email protected] exists then I want [email protected] to be mirrored / sent to the .co.uk equivalent.

    I hope that makes sense!!

    MaFt
    http://maft.co.uk

  • #2
    I think a domain forwarder is what you want - if you have cPanel, just go to the forwarder section and add a domain forwarder from the .co to .co.uk.

    Not sure what cPanel is doing behind the scenes to accomplish this - but it works.
    David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DavidAllen View Post
      I think a domain forwarder is what you want - if you have cPanel, just go to the forwarder section and add a domain forwarder from the .co to .co.uk.

      Not sure what cPanel is doing behind the scenes to accomplish this - but it works.
      Exactly, an email domain forwarder will suffice your needs.
      It'll redirect all email received at a specific domain name to another domain name. For example, if we setup domain.com to redirect to domain.net, all email going to domain.com will redirect to its corresponding user on domain.net. ([email protected] redirects to [email protected]). Any pop accounts set up under each domain name will not be affected by this forwarding option.
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

      Comment


      • #4
        a-ha! domain forwarders i missed this option as i didn't scroll down far enough on my phone...!!

        have now added that but it doesn't seem to be working. I presume something like this should be instant?

        MaFt
        http://maft.co.uk

        Comment


        • #5
          ah, ignore me, during fiddling the other night i'd tried setting the mx entries to use remote server. now i've changed it back to auto it's working

          thanks
          http://maft.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MaFtuk View Post
            a-ha! domain forwarders i missed this option as i didn't scroll down far enough on my phone...!!

            have now added that but it doesn't seem to be working. I presume something like this should be instant?

            MaFt
            Originally posted by MaFtuk View Post
            ah, ignore me, during fiddling the other night i'd tried setting the mx entries to use remote server. now i've changed it back to auto it's working

            thanks
            Glad to know that everything is working fine for you & as expected :wink:
            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

            Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

            Comment

            Working...
            X