Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently on shared thinking of changing to resselling..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on shared thinking of changing to resselling..

Evening all,

got a few questions about reselling account. hope you don't mind!

Im currently setup with a shared account on preston. I have about 12 addon domains - for the clients of my design/hosting company. Seems to work quite well and im really happy with the performance of the server. 12 cores apparently!

If i was to upgrade to a reseller account, would i stay on this server and just get access to whm? would be good if this was the case as i wouldnt have to go and change 12 nameserver records in 123-reg - and some domains i have are managed by their owners so id have to ge them to change. ( am also planning on registering my own nameservers too.. )

support emails for my clients, i assume will be replied to from the address im given for it. do i get a lookin to see what's going on with them? what is the email address? (@eukhost.com??)

is it possible for my current shared account to be one of the accounts on my reseller account so that i dont have to change the current sites that are setup?

if a client has inappropriate material on their account that i dont spot and euk does, will the reseller account get 'frozen' and will i get in 'trouble' for it? what happens in this situation? is it my job to keep an eye on every account?
    (i appreciate it is in my current setup but its all sites ive designed atm)

il probably think of some more at some point.

cheers
    James.

Hello James,

Following are the answers to your questions:
    1) If i was to upgrade to a reseller account, would i stay on this server and just get access to whm? would be good if this was the case as i wouldnt have to go and change 12 nameserver records in 123-reg - and some domains i have are managed by their owners so id have to ge them to change. ( am also planning on registering my own nameservers too.. )
    Ans:: Whenever you will be upgrading the plan from shared plan to reseller plan, the upgrade will be done on the same server. Hence you need not update the nameservers for all the domains again at the registrar end.

2) support emails for my clients, i assume will be replied to from the address im given for it. do i get a lookin to see what's going on with them? what is the email address? (@eukhost.com??)
    Ans:: In regards to any queries, you can place us an email at support[@]eukhost.com. Surely you can go on checking the status of your email at support.

3) is it possible for my current shared account to be one of the accounts on my reseller account so that i dont have to change the current sites that are setup?
    Ans:: Yes, you can place your current shared account as a part of the reseller domain.

4) if a client has inappropriate material on their account that i dont spot and euk does, will the reseller account get 'frozen' and will i get in 'trouble' for it? what happens in this situation? is it my job to keep an eye on every account?
    (i appreciate it is in my current setup but its all sites ive designed atm)
    Ans:: If we do notice any inappropriate contents under any of your reseller account, we will send a notification to you in order to remove the contents from your end. In case if no reply in this concern is received from your end, we will be suspending the respective account under your reseller domain as per our TOS
    Sarina,
    Linux Support Department.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your answers.

About the email, i meant the address that my customers will send support requests to. I read somewhere euk will provide email support for my potential clients.

Cheers
      James.

Comment

Originally posted by james141 View Post
        Hi

Thanks for your answers.

About the email, i meant the address that my customers will send support requests to. I read somewhere euk will provide email support for my potential clients.

Cheers
        James.
        Hello James,

In regards to your question in regarding the emails you can refer the thread HERE . Hope this is what you needed .
        Sarina,
        Linux Support Department.

Comment

Sorry no,

say my customer has a question and needs some help. what email address would they send an email to, to get it through to euk? would it be [email protected] or [email protected]? (or similar)

and another q, what will the server show up as in cpanel? would it still be preston.eukhosting.com? or [email protected]?

is it recomended to get something like WHMCS?

James.

Comment

Hi James,

The end user support that we provide to customers of our resellers is through an anonymous email address like for example '[email protected]' so the customers won't come to know that support is being provided by eUKhost.

The actual server hostname will show up in cPanel, like preston.eukhosting.com. This cannot be customized or hidden as it is an integral component of the server.

For Client Management and billing, WHMCS is an ideal recommendation however if you do not want a licensed software at the moment, you can also have a look at few free ones available within softaculous.
            Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
            Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
            Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for your answers so far.

Would I be able to control the cpu usage of each account? this is a new feature that popped up on my shared account recently. hoping will be available on the reseller packages too?

Comment

PHP Code:
                Would I be able to control the cpu usage of each account
                It is not possible to control the CPU usage of your accounts from your shared hosting package. You can monitor the bandwidth usage of your account using stats.

Comment

No sorry, you haven't understood me. Recently something was upgraded on my shared account that limited the available cpu and entry processes. This helped control the server. Will my reseller account have the same feature?

Comment

Please let me know what exactly was upgraded on your shared account that limited the available cpu and entry processes so that we can check if you have the same on your reseller account.

Comment

Cloud linux was installed which then made these limits appear in cpanel (which im fine with)

Will the reseller account's accounts have this same feature?

Comment

Originally posted by james141 View Post
                        Cloud linux was installed which then made these limits appear in cpanel (which im fine with)

Will the reseller account's accounts have this same feature?

Yes, we can setup your new reseller account on one of our servers with CloudLinux installed so you can get the same features and control.
                        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
                        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
                        Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X