X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cristiano View Post
    If you download SMTP authentication template & check the code that is use d into the template, you will understand as to how SMTP authentication can be implemented into your current contact forms.
    I did - it's not clear - I thought I made that obvious.

If the option My Server Requires Authentication" is not checked, your email client attempts to send the email to the server without providing a password. This is required when mail servers are configured to send emails only if they are authenticated (username/password).
    So do my current clients need to change anything????? How daft am I going to sound by dropping them a line saying "Your email may or may not work, can you check for me as I haven't a clue what is going on!" - Cheers euk - I was only asking for help.

No changed made in your php.ini files.
    Thank You for that - I hope it stays that way.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Cristiano
    replied
    Hi David..

Please do not change anything
    I have not made any changes in the files under your account. The server's php.ini might have been reverted during the security checks & not the one under your account.

This is actually what I was asking for - but put in a way I can understand. I'm not stupid, just a bit of a coding novice, that's all!
    If you download SMTP authentication template & check the code that is used into the template, you will understand as to how SMTP authentication can be implemented into your current contact forms.

Please understand that although this is probably straight forward enough to you, many of your clients (including me) are not experts in this area. A little guidance would be most welcome. You are the hosting experts which is why we rely on you - if you came to me asking about an engineering technical detail (my previous life)... would you be happy with the answer "simply re-route your current SMQ reciever to the PPqm and transfer section 3 to level 6a" or would you want put "Put plug A in socket C and move top left unit to bottom right"? - clarity is everything.
    If the option My Server Requires Authentication" is not checked, your email client attempts to send the email to the server without providing a password. This is required when mail servers are configured to send emails only if they are authenticated (username/password).

Is my php.ini being changed? Please do not change anything - I am asking for help to comply but quite obviously cannot let all my sites fail in the meantime becuase of a change in your policy. I will be seriously unimpressed if you stop my php.ini from keeping my sites working
    No changed made in your php.ini files.

Leave a comment:

• Bud Boy
    replied
    Thanks for your reply Christiano

I have installed the php.ini myself until I can figure out how to replace all PHPmail with SMTP -as requested by yourselves.

Obviously I cannot allow my clients contact forms to fail while I learn how to do this!

Please do not change anything

you will need to make the changes so that emails are authenticated and sent.
    This is actually what I was asking for - but put in a way I can understand. I'm not stupid, just a bit of a coding novice, that's all!

In regards to the clients using Outlook, it is always recommended to enable "My server requires authentication".
    Please understand that although this is probably straight forward enough to you, many of your clients (including me) are not experts in this area. A little guidance would be most welcome. You are the hosting experts which is why we rely on you - if you came to me asking about an engineering technical detail (my previous life)... would you be happy with the answer "simply re-route your current SMQ reciever to the PPqm and transfer section 3 to level 6a" or would you want put "Put plug A in socket C and move top left unit to bottom right"? - clarity is everything.

Finally:
    I have had a check and Safe Mode is enabled on the server your reseller account is hosted. Might be that php.ini got reverted during the regular security audits and that is the reason this problem. I see that Safe Mode is set to Off on the server.
    Now I'm really confused!

Is my php.ini being changed? Please do not change anything - I am asking for help to comply but quite obviously cannot let all my sites fail in the meantime becuase of a change in your policy. I will be seriously unimpressed if you stop my php.ini from keeping my sites working

Many Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Cristiano
    replied
    Hello David,

I have had a check and Safe Mode is enabled on the server your reseller account is hosted. Might be that php.ini got reverted during the regular security audits and that is the reason this problem. I see that Safe Mode is set to Off on the server.

In regards to the php mail function, if you are using any contact form to send emails, you will need to make the changes so that emails are authenticated and sent. You can contact us via Live chat if you require any assistance. An alternative solution is to migrate the reseller account on the server which has been setup with phpmail function enabled. Send an email to support[@]eukhost.com if you wish us to migrate the reseller account.

In regards to the clients using Outlook, it is always recommended to enable "My server requires authentication".

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Bud Boy
    started a topic PHPmail & SMTP - Safe mode enabled

PHPmail & SMTP - Safe mode enabled

Email notification:
    This email is to notify that we would be disabling PHPMail function on all our Linux Shared Hosting Servers effective 29th July 2011. During the server audits we conducted after the recent mail issues faced by many of our Linux Shared Hosting customers, we found out that many spam emails were being sent out from the server using different spamming scripts with the help of PHPMail function. This resulted in mail server IPs being blocked in many RBLs/ACLs and the legitimate emails were also being rejected as a result of this.

In order to avoid any further blacklisting of IPs or other email issues, we are disabling the PHPMail function on all our Linux Shared Hosting Servers by 28th July 2011. If you are using PHPMail function, you will need to update the scripts and use SMTP authentication. Emails won't be sent out from these servers without enabling SMTP authentication. We
    request you to update the scripts before 29th July 2011 in order to avoid any inconvenience as these changes will come into effect on all Linux Shared Servers by then.
    I have to admit that I'm not a PHPmail or SMTP expert so this is not only worrying but very confusing.

Let me explain:

I have approx. 20 sites that use PHP forms for customer contact pages. Some of these are basic forms and others are a little more complicated, and some have the submit links in the flash coding (not sure if that's an issues yet!). As mentioned above I'm no expert in these codings but have managed to get the php forms working perfectly well.

Now...
    With Safe Mode Enabled I find that all my php forms have stopped working and I've no idea how to get the contact forms working again!!!

The link sent in the email is probably fine if you're a coding wizz - I'm not!

Please can you provide an 'idiots' guide to for what I have to do to get my forms working again?
    i.e. "If you currently use a contact.php form then simply....." etc

- I'm sorry, but the download suggested is confusing and if I've read it right I will have to do an awful lot of coding to ALL of my sites, which I reckon would be a huge amount of work and testing -

So: Do have to do loads of coding and changes to all my sites or is there a simple acceptable answer?

Also, probably a dumb question but, some of my clients use outlook and, if I remember correctly, whilst setting the accounts up it asks if it needs SMTP authentication. Well, do they now? I've absolutley no idea.

To summarise:
    Please give good clear instructions as to the easiest way to make the required changes or better still revert it back (as from what I understand it's quite pointless anyway)!

Really unhappy about this
Working...
X