Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 Soft Question

Hi,

As a reseller I have a number of offsite backup plans on client accounts set up via eUKhost support using rsync. I am not able to setup or configure rsync because on the reseller account I don't have access to the server root (which is understandable) so I always have to go through support.

I would really like to be able to setup and maintain my own backups so in looking at the new R1Soft facility that has appeared on Cpanel I have a few questions:

1. Can I use R1Soft to backup my databases as well without first having to 'dump' a db copy into a folder on my account structure? i.e will it backup the database directly as well as the folders in the account?

2. Can I convert my current offsite arrangement into an R1Soft package or should I wait until renewal?

3. Can R1Soft also copy DB to a folder in the account structure so I can download locally using FTP as an additional backup?

That's about it.

Many thanks.

Drunkencelt
    www.dc-website-services.co.uk

Originally posted by Drunkencelt View Post
    Hi,

I would really like to be able to setup and maintain my own backups so in looking at the new R1Soft facility that has appeared on Cpanel I have a few questions:
    With this feature, you would be able to manage the backups on your own. In the management panel you'd have backup of latest 7 days, which is in an incremental format. So any given day you'd have a back-up at your hand.

1. Can I use R1Soft to backup my databases as well without first having to 'dump' a db copy into a folder on my account structure? i.e will it backup the database directly as well as the folders in the account?
    No you don't have to dump anything, since it has been integrated with cPanel, R1Soft would take backup of your database.

2. Can I convert my current offsite arrangement into an R1Soft package or should I wait until renewal?
    You don't have to wait until renewal, if you check you'd find 7 back-up instances in the panel which offers you three options ie. download, browse and send to agent (restore)

3. Can R1Soft also copy DB to a folder in the account structure so I can download locally using FTP as an additional backup?
    Covered in the previous question.

Please let me know if you have any queries, would be glad to assist you on this.
    | |
    Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't get past the login. I've tried my existing offsite backup account login and my Cpanel login. How do I get access to the functionality then? Your answer tends to suggest I should already have access to it.

Many thanks
      Drunkencelt

Comment

Dear Gerald,

You are Welcome !!

I request you to kindly access the below link and use your cPanel login details to access the back-ups.

Ref. : Continuous Data Protection® 3.0 - Enterprise Edition

If you still face an issue with it, kindly PM me your existing cPanel login details so that we can have a look into it.

Thank you.

Regards,
        Stan
        Last edited by Stan; 04-11-2011, 04:42. Reason: Typo
        | |
        Best Paying offered by Eukhost Ltd.

Comment

Ah.

Thanks Stan,

I've been on to Support who have sorted the issue out for me thanks. There was a problem with the link on my cpanel not authenticating. I have access to the last 7 days backups now thanks.

Just a couple of other questions though. Obviously the backup facility I have on my cpanel is now provided as a standard part of the reseller package which is great. Presumably if I order one of the BK-xx backup packages from you I would then have access to all the configuration settings re timing, which files, databases etc?

Can I order one backup package to use for all the domains I manage and configure different choices for different domains? I'm thinking about charging clients for different levels of backups that I could then configure from one place? Is that how it works?

If so I wouldn't need the other off site backup plans I have and would let them expire in favour of the R1 Soft set up.

Thanks again for your help.
          Drunkencelt

Comment

Working...
          X