Remote MySQL URL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote MySQL URL

Maybe a silly question but I have allowed a site (hosted externally) to use a database on my server.

It will have wordpress installed on it, what would be for the URL for database location?

Thanks!

Gary

Hi Gary,

Maybe a silly question but I have allowed a site (hosted externally) to use a database on my server.

It will have word press installed on it, what would be for the URL for database location?
    If you've allowed a site to use your databases hosted on your server then, your external website owner should have to use your server IP address or the HostName of your server as the MySQL Host/ database location URL.
    Regards,
    Victor Pankhurst,
    Support Team.

Comment

Hey - thanks for the reply!

I have tried this but keep getting a 'Error establishing a database connection' error from the wordpress installation.

I have added the domain and remote server's IP address in the Remote Database Access Hosts list in cPanel.

Is there anywhere in the WHM that I need to allow access?

Thanks for any advice.

G

Comment

Hi,

I have tried this but keep getting a 'Error establishing a database connection' error from the word press installation.
        Please make sure that you've properly assigned the database user to the respective database from your cPanel if its not correctly mapped even then you may face such an error.
        Last edited by Stan; 10-03-2012, 04:44.
        Regards,
        Victor Pankhurst,
        Support Team.

Comment

Originally posted by eUK-Victor View Post
          Hi,

Please make sure that you've properly assigned the database user to the respective database from your cPanel if its not correctly mapped even then you may face such an error.

Hey!

Yes I have a database setup with a user who has all rights... very confused now.

Comment

Originally posted by garygas View Post
            Hey!

Yes I have a database setup with a user who has all rights... very confused now.
            Hello Gary,

Can you please PM me the DB details you are using to connect the DB ? I will check them from my end and reply you accordingly.
            Last edited by Sarina; 14-03-2012, 11:32.
            Sarina,
            Linux Support Department.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies and help guys!

I managed to work it out though!

The server I had the WP installed on was running PHP4 and for some reason wouldn't allow it to connect to a remote database.

As soon as I up'ed it to PHP5 installed without any issues.

Cheers!!

Comment

Glad to see that you got it sorted .
                David Smith
                Managing Director
                DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
                - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Working...
                X