php.ini in etc folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php.ini in etc folder

I see a number of my domains have a php.ini file in my etc folder i.e. etc/php.ini which also appears to have overwritten my own public_html/php.ini file (or also 'added').

Why have these been added - it certainly wasn't put there by me?

(Also, why has this only been done on some of my domains and not all?)

Reason for asking this: Some of these sites are now broken and as this is the only thing I can see that has changed I suspect this is the problem. Error logs are also mounting massively. Some sites do still work though??

For example:

/home/mylogin/etc/php.ini

php.ini file starts like this below....

[PHP]

;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; WARNING ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; This is the default settings file for new PHP installations.
    ; By default, PHP installs itself with a configuration suitable for
    ; development purposes, and *NOT* for production purposes.
    ; For several security-oriented considerations that should be taken
    ; before going online with your site, please consult php.ini-recommended
    ; and http://php.net/manual/en/security.php.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; About this file ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; This file controls many aspects of PHP's behavior. In order for PHP to
    ; read it, it must be named 'php.ini'. PHP looks for it in the current
    ; working directory, in the path designated by the environment variable
    ; PHPRC, and in the path that was defined in compile time (in that order).
    ; Under Windows, the compile-time path is the Windows directory. The
    ; path in which the php.ini file is looked for can be overridden using
    ; the -c argument in command line mode.

.... and so on

(One further question: It says "...Under Windows, the compile-time path is the Windows directory" - surely my cPanel hosting is Linux not Windows? This possibly just shows my lack of knowledge though! )

Anything...?

Comment

Have you hit up live chat ? You will get a faster response for urgent enquireies like that there.

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Yes, complete denial of anything having been done, but I appreciate the limitations of live chat so thought I'd ask here to see if a more comprehensive answer would be forthcoming.

Comment

You'll definitely get a comprehensive answer here but may be a little bit.

I am sure an Admin will see it if not Ben pretty much lives here and will let them know.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

I am just a voluntary moderator here, I do not speak for eUKhost officially!

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. While we do check our forums often, we prioritise our ticketing system first so I'd kindly request for you to submit a ticket as you would receive a resolution faster through this channel. I'll be happy to escalate your ticket to our senior technicians for you.

Best regards,
            Ben Stones.

Comment

Would rather the answer was shown here for everyone to see and understand. There may be many with this problem (whether they know it or not at present) and this thread could really help them as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WildStar View Post
                Would rather the answer was shown here for everyone to see and understand. There may be many with this problem (whether they know it or not at present) and this thread could really help them as well.

Thanks.
                Hello,

You are most welcome to post your support enquiry here and I will be happy to forward it to one of our senior technicians immediately; however my concern is to get your issue resolved as quickly as possible which is why I suggested you submit a support ticket regarding the issue. You are most welcome to post the resolution to the issue here if you wish in the event that others may have the same issue. If you have a ticket#, please let me know what it is and I'll forward it onto one of our senior technicians considering you have been waiting since yesterday for a response .

Best regards,
                Ben Stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Stones View Post
                  You are most welcome to post your support enquiry here...
                  Thanks, my enquiry is as listed in my original post - please forward to whoever can suggest an answer.

When time suits I would appreciate a response here from anyone.

Cheers

Comment

I see a number of my domains have a php.ini file in my etc folder i.e. etc/php.ini which also appears to have overwritten my own public_html/php.ini file (or also 'added').

Why have these been added - it certainly wasn't put there by me?

(Also, why has this only been done on some of my domains and not all?)

Reason for asking this: Some of these sites are now broken and as this is the only thing I can see that has changed I suspect this is the problem. Error logs are also mounting massively. Some sites do still work though??

For example:

/home/mylogin/etc/php.ini
                    Dear David.

The php.ini files located in the /home/cpuser/etc/ folder is a part of security tweak that we have had implemented on
                    all the Linux shared servers. We have already notified all the customers about this tweak so please refer an email with the subject as "Apache/PHP Security Update - Hosting Server `hostname`".

We are sorry for the inconvenience and disruption you have faced due to security settings but it was extremely
                    important as there were some serious vulnerabilities found on the server. We have been able to find alternative for sites which are stopped working due to this change so please open a support ticket or contact us on live chat. We will get your sites fixed as soon as possible.
                    Regards,
                    Kieran A.
                    Cloud Administrator

Comment

Thanks Kieran, that was really helpful.

I didn't appreciate the real effect the email was alluding to but have now re-read it and have been able to track down some issues.

Will add more to this reply when I get a little more time but in the meantime I just wanted to say 'thanks'.

Comment

Thanks Kieran, that was really helpful.

I didn't appreciate the real effect the email was alluding to but have now re-read it and have been able to track down some issues.

Will add more to this reply when I get a little more time but in the meantime I just wanted to say 'thanks'.

You're welcome David.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regards.
                        Please PM me or open a support ticket if you need any kind of help.

Regards,
                        Kieran A.
                        Linux System Administrator.
                        eUKhost.com
                        Regards,
                        Kieran A.
                        Cloud Administrator

Comment

Working...
                        X