Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant IP Ban Battle

Hi.
    This is a complete transcript so far with support, the issue is ongoing but before I move my account away from this farce I would like to get other peoples views. Also what other re-seller hosts are reliable.

<Begin>

Hi.

I am having constant hassle trying to login to WHM and all websites cpanel hosted on this server.
    Since my account was migrated to a diferent server I have had so much trouble it is unbelievable. Almost every day I am having to contact Live chat to whitelist my IP.

I am not entering the wrong login details as I have been accused of many times before.

Can anyone give me some idea of the problem instead of brushing me off with "clear your cache and use a different browser. I have removed your IP from the servers banned list"

Please check that my IP is not banned now as I am again unable to access accounts.

I have checked and found that your local end's IP address blocked on server due to below logs.
    ===============================
    Sep 8 13:59:36 euk4 lfd[392379]: (imapd) Failed IMAP login from 78.144.82.70 (GB/United Kingdom/host-78-144-82-70.as13285.net): 15 in the last 3600 secs - *Blocked in csf* port=143 [LF_IMAPD]
    Sep 8 13:59:37 euk4 lfd[392379]: (imapd) Failed IMAP login from 78.144.82.70 (GB/United Kingdom/host-78-144-82-70.as13285.net): 15 in the last 3600 secs - *Blocked in csf* port=993 [LF_IMAPD]
    Sep 8 14:40:32 euk4 lfd[417185]: (imapd) Failed IMAP login from 78.144.82.70 (GB/United Kingdom/host-78-144-82-70.as13285.net): 15 in the last 3600 secs - *Blocked in csf* port=143 [LF_IMAPD]
    Sep 8 14:40:32 euk4 lfd[417185]: (imapd) Failed IMAP login from 78.144.82.70 (GB/United Kingdom/host-78-144-82-70.as13285.net): 15 in the last 3600 secs - *Blocked in csf* port=993 [LF_IMAPD]
    ===============================
    To avoid such condition we will suggest you to please use correct email account login details user name and its password so that you will not face such issue again.

Regards,
    Ronnie M

Hi,
    The login details are entered automatically by Thunderbird and are correct every time. how can the details be entered wrong when I get logged off halfway thru an action after the program logging on in the first place was successful.

Hi. I think I have found a possible answer.
    The server is rejecting the IP after so many calls from my mail client (Thunderbird)

This is why it is happening after a successful login.

Now why, after several years of using Thunderbird with the server Augusta, would the server begin to do this.

I have also tried to use Outlook mail client and exactly the same issue occurred.

Coincidentally, it seems to be directly after my account was migrated to a different server using a more recent version of PHP
    Does this make sense to you guys and what can be done to rectify the situation

Thanks.

<End>

Re: Constant IP Ban Battle

Dear John

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will get back to you shortly.

Suzanne Jones.
    Phonesupport Department.

Comment

Hello John,

The reason your Ip was getting blocked was due to strict rules set in cphulked. In log files I detected below :

info [cphulkd] 378092 Login Blocked: IP reached maximum auth failures [Service]=[imap] [Local IP Address]=[*.*.*.155] [Remote IP Address]=[78.144.82.70] [Authentication Database]=[mail] [Username]=[[email protected]******.biz] (5/5 failures)
      I have commented some of the details above.
      I have now copied cphulked rules from Agusta server to the current server. This should curtail the problems you are experiencing. In case you still encounter further problems, I recommend you to initiate a live chat and use this post as a reference

Regards,
      Michael B.
      Support Department.

Comment

Phone call today and have been promised the problem has been rectified. Will check all is well when I get home later but that's the service I had been used to. Thanks

Comment

Hi John

Appreciate your time on phone. You can contact me on the following Skype handle if you need more assistance.

jones_suzanne

Suzanne Jones.
          Phonesupport Department.

Comment

ban-img
          Working...
          X