Setting up PEAR to work...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up PEAR to work...?

Hi I'm decided to move from Windows server to Linux server. I've installed PEAR in CPanel but get the error:

Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in /home/dubberwa/php/Mail/mail.php on line 51

When I fire my web form.

I'm calling PEAR using the full path as directed on the CPanel page.

require_once('/home/dubberwa/php/Mail/mail.php');
    require_once('/home/dubberwa/php/Mail/mime.php');

I put in a support ticket but the reply was just use PHP mail! I don't want to use a less secure system or change loads of mail scripts. So how do you set up PEAR to work?! What are folk using to send mail on these servers?

Re: Setting up PEAR to work...?

OK, after getting nowhere with support I'm coming close to cancelling my order with EUKHost. All I want to do is send web forms - it's crazy!

Comment

Hello,

I have located your ongoing ticket for this issue and escalated it to a senior tech for a review. I would request you to await his response before taking a decision on cancellation.
      Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
      Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
      Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Ryan, it looks like Pear is a perennial problem for EUKHost.

https://www.eukhost.com/forums/f15/m...ossible-22844/

I can understand disabling PHP mail on security grounds but you have to make it easier for the alternatives to work as sending form mails is essential for most sites.

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
        Hello,

I have located your ongoing ticket for this issue and escalated it to a senior tech for a review. I would request you to await his response before taking a decision on cancellation.

Comment

The ticket has been updated with an alternative resolution by Phil. Kindly check the same and let us know if this works well.
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!

Comment

OK, no error messages...but no mail coming from the form! Mailbox is active and fine. Doesn't bode well if a simple web form can't be implemented, I was expecting things to be easier than on Windows server. Maybe I should download PEAR and set it up manually in each domain?

Comment

I see that the mails have started coming through as per update last evening in the ticket. Kindly check the rest of the domains and do let us know if you require any assistance.

Comment

ban-img
              Working...
              X