Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPANEL or Security Changes ?

All,

I am aware of some new security changes with the servers, cpanels and anything else that is involved. I have just finished a LIVE CHAT session with somebody, (whoever or wherever they are), but they didn't understand my questions.

I finally managed to get my issues resolved but this was to get me running again opposed to getting the answers why or what has changed.

Maybe somebody can help here......

I have a reseller account, I don't re-sale I just use this for all my domain names.

I used to be able to login via my main reseller account http://my-domain.com/whm/ and from here I could access all my cpanels for my different accounts. I could also access phpadmin for all my different accounts all from the one userid and password.

This was useful, (but I don't know how secure), as I could do maintenance and perform activities across all my accounts at the same time.

Something has now changed though, I can no longer do this. If I try I get an error message telling me I am logged in as my root or something to that effect.

Does anyone know what has changed? I would like to ask if I can have it back my old way but I know this is probably not likely.

Regards

Paul

It should allow you. It is most likely different for dedicated servers but when I attempt to do this it says "Warning! You are logged in with the reseller or root password" which has been there for a while.
    Dan Miller

Comment

You can access cpanel of all accounts under your reseller from main reseller logins.
      It will give the warning as [Warning! You are logged in with the reseller or root password]. However you can not access the phpmyadmin or fantastico.

Matthew,
      UK Web Hosting - Cheap Windows Linux cPanel Shared Reseller Web Hosting in UK
      Last edited by Rsync; 07-12-2022, 12:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
        It should allow you. It is most likely different for dedicated servers but when I attempt to do this it says "Warning! You are logged in with the reseller or root password" which has been there for a while.
        Yes I get the same message, however only recently. I think in the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by eUKMatthew View Post
          You can access cpanel of all accounts under your reseller from main reseller logins.
          It will give the warning as [Warning! You are logged in with the reseller or root password]. However you can not access the phpmyadmin or fantastico.

Matthew,
          UK Web Hosting - Cheap Windows Linux cPanel Shared Reseller Web Hosting in UK
          I believe when I first took out my reseller account it used to say this. Then something changed, (going back a couple of years now).

As I mentioned before, up until a couple of weeks ago I could access phpmyadmin and fantastico for all my domains under the one userid & password.

What exactly has changed? A New security policy, updates, upgrade......

I received a notification regarding changes to login etc but nothing about the above.

It's liveable but frustrating as it now means logging in and out constantly, whereas before I didn't have to do this.
          Last edited by victorvictories; 08-12-2022, 05:46.

Comment

It'll be a cPanel update. They are constantly improving their security when exploits are found.

If you can't login to your different accounts from cPanel using your main username password, this has been disabled in WHM - contact support about this as they may have disabled it for security purposes.
            Jonathan Crass
            Joint Partner in Checker Design
            Joint Partner in Jst Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by jc8654 View Post
              It'll be a cPanel update. They are constantly improving their security when exploits are found.

If you can't login to your different accounts from cPanel using your main username password, this has been disabled in WHM - contact support about this as they may have disabled it for security purposes.
              We've not changed anything in reseller settings on our server. If something has changed in WHM then that must be due to cPanel Auto updates.

Resellers can login to cpanel of their customers, but they cannot login in PHPMyAdmin or Fantastico with reseller or root password. This security measure is in place from last 2 - 3 years.
              eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
              Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                Resellers can login to cpanel of their customers, but they cannot login in PHPMyAdmin or Fantastico with reseller or root password. This security measure is in place from last 2 - 3 years.

... Sorry never replied to this one.

I have always been able to log into PHPMyAdmin with all my domans with my root password. As I said before this changed only a month or to ago.

Comment

Working...
                X