Any chance of installing exiftool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of installing exiftool?

Hi, I'm working on an web application that will let users upload image files and other things

I would like to be able to make use of any EXIF metadata present in some image files

From searching the web the best solution available seems to be Phil Harvey's "exiftool"
    --> ExifTool by Phil Harvey

Is there any chance of having this installed on islander? it would be a great advantage to me.

I am writing in RUBY/RAILS and there is a pure ruby solution in the form of the "eixfr" Ruby Gem, but it only works for jpeg and tiff files.

exiftool supports a wide variety of meta data formats and file types. It is a command line tool with wrappers for Perl and Ruby.

Noel,

Exifr has been installed on the server which hosts your website. You should be able to use it to build your web applications. Please try using it now and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
    Eric
    Support Dept.
    -----------
    eUK_Eric

||

Comment

Hi,

I just tested exifr and it is working.

No chance of getting exiftool? it's much more versatile in terms of the file types and meta data formats that it can access. I can install the ruby gem that goes with into my applications own gems directory.

the we site for exif tool is >> ExifTool by Phil Harvey <<
      and the ruby gem for it is at >> MiniExiftool API documentation <<

thanks.
      Last edited by Noel; 25-09-2008, 12:58.

Comment

Hello,

Exiftool also has been installed on the sever. Please try using it now and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
        Eric
        Support Dept.
        -----------
        eUK_Eric

||

Comment

OK

I've not tested it thoroughly but I can invoke the command line from SSH so I'm assuming it's all good.

Thanks very much for your excellent support!

Noel.

Comment

Working...
          X