Getting new emails straight into clients Hotmail inbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting new emails straight into clients Hotmail inbox

How do you ensure that all new emails go straight to the clients inbox with Hotmail please ?

Any help much appreciated.

Chris.
    eUKhost

Hi Chris,

We will need to check DNS records of your domains and send some test emails from your domain to check if your emails will go directly in hotmail mailboxes.

Please open a ticket and let us know the details.
    eUKhost - eNlight Cloud Hosting || eUKhost Knowledgebase
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0255 || Skype : mark_ducadi

Comment

The main things to get your emails into inboxes are:

rDNS entry
      SPF entry
      DomainKeys (Yahoo likes these!)

This is not the only things you need (e.g. the sending IP can't be blacklisted etc.) but having these gives you a better chance of getting the emails to go where you want them.
      Jonathan Crass
      Joint Partner in Checker Design
      Joint Partner in Jst Hosting

Comment

Many thanks for those helpful replies. I'll get my colleague to open a ticket.

One thing, are we saying that if all of the below are ok, that the emails will always go to the inbox's of Hotmail ?

rDNS entries
        SPF entry
        DomainKeys
        Sending IP can't be blacklisted

Chris.
        eUKhost

Comment

No one can guarantee 100% email delivery to hotmail. You will need to perform some tests and see if your emails reach different hotmail accounts.

Comment

Maybe setup a mail forwarder? :smile:
            S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Originally posted by Site View Post
              Maybe setup a mail forwarder? :smile:
              Hotmail will pipe only direct emails in your inbox. Forwarded emails will directly reach the junk folder.

Comment

Guess Im just lucky then?
                Ive been running mine for years :-s n its still working to this date :smile:
                S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Originally posted by Site View Post
                  Guess Im just lucky then?
                  Ive been running mine for years :-s n its still working to this date :smile:
                  how do you forward your emails ? Do you route those through some other mailbox like Gmail ?

Try to setup a new forwarder and see if that works.

Comment

Normal forwarder in mail settings within cPanel
                    S1TE - www.s1te.net

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
                      Hi Chris,

We will need to check DNS records of your domains and send some test emails from your domain to check if your emails will go directly in hotmail mailboxes.

Please open a ticket and let us know the details.
                      Many thanks, duly opened a ticket as you suggested and got the 'helpful' reply from George :

"As NickJ earlier mentioned in the reply that you need to ask your client to add your email address in his hotmail account address book to avoid such junk mail problem because hotmail having its own policy to verify the mails as Spam or Junk due to that you need to whitelist your mail address in your clients hotmail account by adding it in address book."

So, let's just get this straight, I send an email to the client, asking them to put my email address into their address book, to ensure they receive my emails ok ! !

Do you have anyone to genuinely help on the support please ?

Any help appreciated.

Chris.
                      eUKhost

Comment

So, let's just get this straight, I send an email to the client, asking them to put my email address into their address book, to ensure they receive my emails ok ! !

Do you have anyone to genuinely help on the support please ?

Any help appreciated.

Chris.
                        A couple of things

Have YOU created a hotmail account and tested whether the emails get through to that?? Cos in my experience (I had similar problems with yahoo a while ago) if they get through to one - they get through to all of them.

Secondly - which server are you on - I ended up changing server to cure the problem
                        David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidAllen View Post
                          A couple of things

Have YOU created a hotmail account and tested whether the emails get through to that??
                          Yes I have done all of that (and with Yahoo and aol).

Secondly - which server are you on - I ended up changing server to cure the problem
                          I'll check on that - it was just the answer from support that didn't make sense really, especially in the light of my emails going to the junk folders !

I'll do some more checks in the meantime.

Chris.
                          eUKhost

Comment

Actually the reply from support DID make sense. Although your idea of emailing your clients to add you to their address book is probably not the best - a phone call would be better
                            David Allen - www.serina.co.uk

Comment

Actually the reply from support DID make sense. Although your idea of emailing your clients to add you to their address book is probably not the best - a phone call would be better
                              Actually, the reply from support DIDN'T make sense - ass u me - comes into play really - not everyone has telephone numbers for all their clients (and potential clients).

Anyway, time to move on.
                              eUKhost

Comment

Working...
                              X