IRC access via port 6667

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC access via port 6667

I'm testing out CGI IRC on my cPanel host, and it seems that port 6667 access is blocked.

Could this port be opened, or is there a condition which disallows IRC usage?

Originally posted by BauerUK View Post
    I'm testing out CGI IRC on my cPanel host, and it seems that port 6667 access is blocked.

Could this port be opened, or is there a condition which disallows IRC usage?
    We do not allow hosting IRC on our network. You can refer to 'Banned Content' section in our Terms of Service for more information on the type of content we do not allow.
    Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
    Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
    Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply. I see the following in the 'Banned Content' section of the TOS:

IRC Hosts - Hosting an IRC server that is part of or connected to another IRC network or server or has a connection to an IRC network.
      To clarify, CGI:IRC is an irc client, not an irc server; I do not wish to host an IRC serve on my cPanel host, but rather to provide the interface for users to connect to other IRC servers (or in this instance, merely to test the piece of open source software).

I don't see any mention of web irc clients in the TOS; am I to still assume this is forbidden?

Comment

You can indeed host CGI:IRC client on our network but you will need to ensure that everything remains clean and our network is not abused. Port 6667 cannot be unblocked on our network however you can use an alternate port instead of using the default port 6667.
        Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
        Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!

Comment

That's great. What ports are available? Anything between 6660 and 6670 would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BauerUK View Post
            That's great. What ports are available? Anything between 6660 and 6670 would be great.
            Hi Gary,

Any port between 6660 & 6670 would be available as we block only the default one (6667) on our network.

But your account is hosted on a Linux shared hosting server, where all the unnecessary ports are blocked.

Hence if you want/need a customised port (between 6660 & 6670) opened, please open up a ticket with our Linux Support Dept, so they can do the needful.
            Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Comment

Hello,

The port number 6666 has been enabled on server. so you can use it for your cgi:IRC client.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. We will be glad to assist you further.
              Regards,
              Victor Pankhurst,
              Support Team.

Comment

baueruk, we run a private IRC server (external) if you need use of one... simply pm me for the server details if you`d like to use it

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  baueruk, we run a private IRC server (external) if you need use of one... simply pm me for the server details if you`d like to use it
                  Can I also use this CGI:IRC client as the ports are blocked here. How exactly do I connect ?

Comment

use a different port to 6667, eg try 6669, you cal always use pjirc instead of the cgi one, better in my opinion, if you need our irc server address send me a PM

Comment

Working...
                    X