Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing website changes non publically

Hi,

I have just installed joomla via fantastico, however this has installed it under my public_html directory, how can I install joomla outside of this directory allowing me to make changes and view them on a seperate 'Development' install of joomla outside of my public_html directory before making them live?

Thanks,

Mike.

You can't install Joomla out side public_html directory because public_html directory is default document root path for your hosting account. You can install Joomla under sub directory like public_html/test and set password protection for test directory . So that no one can browse Joomla site without password protected directory login details. If you have any further query then please contact us on live chat support or you can also send an E-mail at support [@] eukhost.com
    Regards
    George

Comment

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I currently have my development Joomla installation under a sub directory in public_html so this looks ok, I'll just look at password protecting that directory.

On a similar note, whats the best way to get my updates under my development Joomla installation into my live Joomla installation?

Comment

You need to set site to offline mode and make updates as this will avoid users to access your site while you are making these changes to the site.Also you should ensure complete account backup before you make major changes to the live site.
        Patrick

Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting

Comment

Working...
        X