5quidhost - not even worht 5 quid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5quidhost - not even worht 5 quid

I have been with 5quid host for nearly a year. To start of everything was ok, but then problems started.

Every time you ring them or email them your ISP is the one to blame. You need to keep doing all test just to prove your point and prove its issue at their end. What a waste of time and money.

Customer service is very poor too. Takes ages to get response. When you ring them it always goes to voice mail. If you want to report a problem (option 2) there is warring that you will be charged if there is no issue. When there is an issue their service status says there is no known issues. Great.

Shared hosting uses very limited resources, so forget to run more then one website on "everlasting" hosting. There are constant speed issues, access issues, etc.

Try to use FTP client (I use filezilla). Constantly times you out. And guess what. When reported problem they told me its my ISP fault, then after half a day got email, this time it was firewall fault. I disabled firewall on both 2 laptops (ubuntu 10.04, 11.10) and router (mikrotik, draytek, sky, virgin), and still same poor access. Tried 3 more Internet connections and still same poor access. Tried different hosting provider and no issues (with or without firewall on)

I have been working in IT 13 years by know. I have degree in IT and Telecommunications systems so I am not amateur. I would class my self as IT professional. My review is based on my experience with 5quidhost.

I hope it will help you to make reasonable decision and do more research before deciding to spend your money with 5quidhost. I wouldn't even pay 5 quid for their services. :frown:

What a waste of time and money.

I have been with 5quid host for nearly a year. To start of everything was ok, but then problems started.

Every time you ring them or email them your ISP is the one to blame. You need to keep doing all test just to prove your point and prove its issue at their end. What a waste of time and money.

Customer service is very poor too. Takes ages to get response. When you ring them it always goes to voice mail. If you want to report a problem (option 2) there is warring that you will be charged if there is no issue. When there is an issue their service status says there is no known issues. Great.

Shared hosting uses very limited resources, so forget to run more then one website on "everlasting" hosting. There are constant speed issues, access issues, etc.

Try to use FTP client (I use filezilla). Constantly times you out. And guess what. When reported problem they told me its my ISP fault, then after half a day got email, this time it was firewall fault. I disabled firewall on both 2 laptops (ubuntu 10.04, 11.10) and router (mikrotik, draytek, sky, virgin), and still same poor access. Tried 3 more Internet connections and still same poor access. Tried different hosting provider and no issues (with or without firewall on)

I have been working in IT 13 years by know. I have degree in IT and Telecommunications systems so I am not amateur. I would class my self as IT professional. My review is based on my experience with 5quidhost.

I hope it will help you to make reasonable decision and do more research before deciding to spend your money with 5quidhost. I wouldn't even pay 5 quid for their services.:frown:

What a waste of time and money.
    Last edited by Ben Stones; 03-03-2012, 21:39. Reason: Threads merged

Hi,

We are another web hosting provider so I would recommend you post your review on a general web hosting forum as this may look biased to some people with your review being on our company forums :smile:. You may be able to post your review over at WebHostingTalk.

Comment

Hi Ben,

I only posted my review on your website to warn other poeple about my experience with 5quidhost.

Nothing to do with you apart form sharing opinion with other people registered with you.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by mediaitc View Post
        Hi Ben,

I only posted my review on your website to warn other poeple about my experience with 5quidhost.

Nothing to do with you apart form sharing opinion with other people registered with you.

Regards
        Hi,

Not a problem .

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by mediaitc View Post
          Hi Ben,

Regards
          Thank you for sharing your review of your experiences with another web host.

If you are looking for a new reliable host that provides good value for money then I would highly recommend eUKhost. I have been a customer here for 6 years and have been consistently impressed with the level of service, efficiency of support and the pricing of the hosting packages .
          David Smith
          Managing Director
          DPS Computing Limited

- Massive update! (September 2011) - It's now not neglected!!
          - New Site (10/2009)

Comment

Re: 5quidhost - not even worht 5 quid

Feel compelled to reply to this as I have had the complete opposite with amazing support and quite patient help as i have learnt over the years - and No I do not work at 5quidhost.

I have had about 6 websites hosted with 5quid since 2009, my son has a reseller account and I've recommended them to numerous people I know from my work.

Maybe you have just been unlucky.

Comment

Working...
            X