Unable to access cPanel from home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access cPanel from home

Is it possible my home IP has been blocked from accessing cPanel and/or FTP?

Recently I can't login in. I've just had my account password reset by support so I know that is fine. I can login from Work and via 3G but not my home Virgin Media connection.

I can get to the cPanel login screen but entering my details just gets me bounced back to the login prompt.

Also FTP doesn't work. Either using the command prompt or WinSCP. That definitely worked on 10th Jan as I backed up some files to my PC which are dated.

The issue is either Virgin Media blocking something (but everything else works ok) or my hosting account.

Any ideas or things I can test?

Re: Unable to access cPanel from home

Originally posted by MattHawkins View Post

Recently I can't login in. I've just had my account password reset by support so I know that is fine. I can login from Work and via 3G but not my home Virgin Media connection.

I can get to the cPanel login screen but entering my details just gets me bounced back to the login prompt.

Also FTP doesn't work. Either using the command prompt or WinSCP. That definitely worked on 10th Jan as I backed up some files to my PC which are dated.

The issue is either Virgin Media blocking something (but everything else works ok) or my hosting account.

Dear Matt,

From the server logs, I've verified that the IP address of your home PC is not blocked in the server firewall. Please make sure that you're using the correct credentials for cPanel and FTP logins. I mean make sure that you're not leaving any blank/white space while typing the username and passwords for these services. From your billing details, I've confirmed that the cPanel password is working fine for me.

I'd request you to come over our live chat assistance to proceed further with this problem.
    Regards,
    Victor Pankhurst,
    Support Team.

Comment

Re: Unable to access cPanel from home

Dear Matt,

Originally posted by MattHawkins View Post

From the server logs, I've verified that the IP address of your home PC is not blocked in the server firewall. Please make sure that you're using the correct credentials for cPanel and FTP logins. I mean make sure that you're not leaving any blank/white space while typing the username and passwords for these services. From your billing details, I've confirmed that the cPanel password is working fine for me.

I'd request you to come over our live chat assistance to proceed further with this problem.
      Regards,
      Victor Pankhurst,
      Support Team.

Comment

Working...
      X