Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Email reputation - What is happening to Eukhost?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Email reputation - What is happening to Eukhost?!

Hi,

In the last year I had to contact at least 5 times Eukhost support because my emails from a domain hosted on eukhost were being rejected because of bad reputation.
    Then again, in the last week, it happens twice with 2 different organisation.
    Eukhost support is great, always helpful and very responsive... but this poor email reputation issue is starting to become such a problem that I may have to move my business elsewhere (as small as it is!) because hosting my domains on eukhost is starting to result in random emails block!

This is the smtp server I use when sending email
    firefly.theukhost.net

I will, again, log a ticket/contact live chat. But thought I would share my (bad) experience here too as other users may also experience this issue. And Eukhost really needs to do something proactive here... not just chasing all the reputation sites after they are being blacklisted!

Svain.

Re: Poor Email reputation - What is happening to Eukhost?!

Hello Svain,

The account responsible for spamming on server has been suspended and a notification has been sent to the user. We are monitoring the server so that no further spams are sent through server. Currently the server IP is not blacklisted and we are waiting for the IP reputation to be normal in 12-24 hours.

Regards,
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Svain View Post
      Hi,

In the last year I had to contact at least 5 times Eukhost support because my emails from a domain hosted on eukhost were being rejected because of bad reputation.
      Then again, in the last week, it happens twice with 2 different organisation.
      Eukhost support is great, always helpful and very responsive... but this poor email reputation issue is starting to become such a problem that I may have to move my business elsewhere (as small as it is!) because hosting my domains on eukhost is starting to result in random emails block!

This is the smtp server I use when sending email
      firefly.theukhost.net

I will, again, log a ticket/contact live chat. But thought I would share my (bad) experience here too as other users may also experience this issue. And Eukhost really needs to do something proactive here... not just chasing all the reputation sites after they are being blacklisted!

Svain.
      Hi Svain,

Are the email problems sorted out? I can see that the email server has a good reputation now. Feel free to contact support if you require any assistance.
      Rock _a.k.a._ Jack Daniel

Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Hi,
        So yes, thanks it did fix the issue for a few months. But it has reoccured again.
        Also, I have noticed that even when the firefly server is "OK/Green" on the senderbase.org website, some companies still do not let emails from firefly, even after a month later. I understand there might be other source where firefly is blacklisted or that certain companies do not update their blacklist often... but after a month of "good behaviour" you would expect this to be go away...
        There might be a bigger issue here. Do you have to have firefly shared by all customers? can you get more IP/subdomain? Can you stop spammers at the source by monitoring for such activities?

Could also be something else like malware/attacks coming from one of your host, in which case it would be more difficult to detect (but not impossible with the right process/technology).

Anyway, just throwing some ideas here. Firefly looks like it is regularly toasted!
        S.

Comment

Hello Svain,

We have responded over this issue in ticket BBA-474-31421 and also over https://www.eukhost.com/forums/f38/p...38/#post121246

As suggested, to address your concern about Firefly being targeted regularly, we recommend migrating your account to one of our newer shared servers. Also, I would like to re-iterate that with this move, we do not wish to directly or indirectly imply that Firefly is a problematic server. This is only being suggested to find a long term solution to this issue.
          Wordpress Hosting - Your Adventure, Your Story!
          Website Security Bundle - Great Value Security Solutions in value-for-money package!
          Follow eUKhost on Twitter || Join eUKhost Community on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X